LackingASocialLife

No longer social-life-less

My goal is to reach a status of fame where I mention that I had a Write The World account and fans go on a hunt just to find the cringey teenage relics.

Until then, keep making me proud, y'all.
I will miss you.

I haven't written anything in a while. My apologies as it isn't great. I'd love it if anyone reading showed me ways to make the story more intriguing or if they let me know if it doesn't fit the theme- I write something off topic unintentionally a lot.

This.

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

4
This. This is the place where birds sang.

This is the place where the grass was once greener than any dollar bill. Where water was bluer than any facebook logo. This is the place where flowers emitted a natural perfume and filled the floor with their attractive colours, distracting the eyes of hungry animals. This is the place where the tops of trees were out of sight and bushes were Mother Natures' natural walls. Where the sky you couldn't see due to all the trees, but that's ok- everything eye level is just as beautiful. Areas were filled with colourful bugs hiding underneath every surface and tunnels formed from vines that became something beautiful to walk through. This was the place where every step was closer to something new to experience, lush green covering every corner.  

This was the place that was supposed to stay unowned.

The place where the grass wasn't supposed to be uprooted. Where water was never supposed to have chip bags and plastic bottles filling it. This is the place that now reeks of leaking fuel, the pungent smell eye-watering. This is the place where flowers were just a pretty thing you killed if you owed someone an apology. Where once intrigued eyes of animals now lolled backwards into their heads. Where tall trees were replaced with taller buildings and bushes were just decoration. Where the sky was visible but that wasn't ok, the street lights hid the stars. Areas were filled with chewed gum hiding underneath every surface and tunnels made out of concrete as a faster driving method. This was the place where nothing changed, dull greys covering every corner. 

This. This is the place where the birds stopped singing. 

2

• LackingASocialLife

Wow, self-confidence. what is it (queue sad music as I remember every time I've ever been awkward.) I honestly do think I must've pressed it when I was trying to select the setting as mood link because I didn't remember doing so... Proud of that pun ;)

• Lucy_Cerys

Hey! No need, I was just thinking - that is some mighty fine self confidence. And you're very welcome. Thank you for This. (Ayee, pun about your title, not laughing? I tried).

• LackingASocialLife

To Lucy- Hey! Sorry I didn't know if there was a way to reply. I think I did unintentionally oops, I'll take that down now. Thanks for the compliment!

• Lucy_Cerys

This is awesome, but just curious - did you 'star' your own piece?