Tumblr penk5ibiiq1wcookgo1 500

Made4Love

Catholic
Girl
17
4'10" -short:)
Bookworm
Writer
Dreamer
Runner
Nature Lover
Crocheter
-
I am passionately pro-life, pro-God, & pro-gun.
My life mission: spread Love through Joy
I seek to glorify God in all that I do (& write).

Thanking you for taking the time to read and comment on my works! I would love to hear what you think. What am I doing well? How can I improve? I appreciate any feedback you have. I hope you enjoy!
Thanks again, and I'm praying for you all!

The Power of Trust

2
    Let me tell you a story  of trust a faraway land. It was many, many years ago…

“Whoa, boy.”
    Christopher patted Zeus’s neck, unsure of what to do next. His life was in danger, and here he was, just sitting on his horse. In the middle of the forest. Not the safest place to be at the moment.
    But no, he had no other option. He couldn’t go for help. He wouldn’t.
    His father always believed in keeping to himself: never helping a neighbor, even in need; never allowing others to lend a hand to him. Holidays and celebrations were strictly family. And he passed that belief down to his son. Never give your trust to someone, because they will betray you.
    Christopher tossed an idea around in his head. Finally, he decided to pay a visit to his animal friends for advice. There wasn’t anything else he could do, after all.
    He turned around his horse to head to the big oak in the middle of the forest. That was where his bird and squirrel friends lived. As he rode through the narrow, winding path that led to the big oak, he remembered as he always did when traveling this trail, how he used to come here as a boy.
    Christopher had been a lonely child. His only friends were the servants at his castle home, but because they couldn’t shirk their duties, he was often alone to play a game or go exploring. One such day, as Christopher was tromping through the woods, he discovered a great big oak in the heart of the forest.
    It looked the same as it did twelve years ago. A trunk too wide for a little seven-year old boy to wrap his arms halfway around. Even now, it was still too huge to do that. The tree was massive, the oldest in the forest behind his home, and home to many creatures, including his only real friends. He could trust them. He came when had a question or a troublesome thought. They always answered honestly.
    “Chris!” a chirping voice said, before a flutter of wings and then a crash. Christopher dismounted and reached down to scoop Petey off the ground from his usual greeting. Allan and Gary scurried down from their hole in the tree. The squirrels were the most energetic he’d seen.
“Chris!” Petey chirped again, and this time Allan and Gary chimed in.
“Sorry I haven’t been by lately; it’s been so busy lately with Father sick again. But I have a terrible problem now. I have to be quick, because my captors don’t know I am gone. My castle has been under siege for a week and already we are running out of food. What can I do?”
“Well,” Allan paused in the middle of nibbling on his nut, “We know how much you are against it, but you may just have to ask for help. Your nearest neighbor is a thirty minute ride away. Go there now, and just ask. If you you don’t do this now, you may never be able to.”
“But-”
“Do it!” Petey cawed.
“Trust,” Gary reminded him, just before he shoved a nut into his mouth.
And so he did. Christopher turned, mounted and galloped away. He asked, he trusted, and together he and his neighbors drove the foreigners from his land. They became trusted friends. His children and their children grew up together, learning the power of trust.

… And now the story must come to a close. And so I will say this, “Trust is a powerful, wonderful gift.”
I wrote this two years ago (for an English assignment), and I haven't done much editing since then, so feedback is greatly appreciated! 

• Made4Love

Thank you for pointing that out! I also noticed I missed a word in the first sentence and have an extra space in there somewhere, too. Guess I didn't triple-check my piece well enough before publishing. I appreciate your observation (and you)! :)
    Have a blessed day!

• Ryder

This is really good, but you repeated a word- (If you you don’t do this now,)
    Keep writing, and God bless!

• Made4Love

Agreed:)
    Someone suggested I expand this story more. What do you think?
    Have a great day!

• AbigailSauble

'Hard won, easily lost'. But well-worth all the time it takes. :)