Francess Kamara

Hello Readers! Please feel free to comment on my work. I would love to hear from you and I am extremely interested in bettering and strengthening my work. It may be punctuation, grammar, or main ideas. I would really appreciate it.

One More S

PROMPT: All in a Name

1

I typed my name into Google. Popularity: not very popular Francess you say? With two s’s? Yes Oh that’s different Yeah I’ve heard

I have asked my parents why my name is spelled so differently. I was named after my grandmother they said. Why didn’t you name me after her first name, Juana? We really liked the name Francess. Was her middle name spelled with two s’s? No it wasn’t. Then why would you add another s? We thought that it would make your name more unique.

So that was the explanation that I received. “We thought that it would make your name more unique.” Plain and simple. Not much too it. A twist on a middle name. Who knew that an extra “s” would make such a difference? One less “s” would have meant less questions, spelling mistakes, and repetitions of “F-R-A-N-C-E-S..S...” “one more s” and let me spell it for yous . However, one less “s” means less fascination and questions asked and of course not my name.

1

• FantasyWriter
    Remove I s and add a ca and you got my name anyway I like yours it's creative