Rainbow flag 1

Kaitlyn ❄

* Feminist * Bisexual * Whovian * Besties with Emilie & Hadley * Loki * Iron Man * ENTP-T * Hermione * Draco * Music * Writing * Depression * Alopecia * Singer * Swimming * Dancing *

I want to call out to my best friends Emilie(Aussie23) and Hadley(BlueWriter). They are amazing people who have inspired me to do better in my life everyday. They have given a real purpose to my life and they have always been there for me. I could not be more grateful. I do not deserve the love that they give me.
Both of you have got me through the most difficult parts of my life and I am eternally thankful for that. Life can be a real struggle sometimes.
I also want to thank everyone on Write the World who has followed me, reviewed my work, and liked my work. I love you all and I would not be here right now without you. Keep up the amazing work.
Tom Hiddleston: Thank you for being Loki and making me smile every day.

Braving Life (Chapter Eleven)

5
    I sat as far away from him as I could considering that we were sitting in chairs near each other. I threw a deadly glare in his direction. He did not look at me but nursed his bruised face. I didn't look at Raska or the nurse as they glared at me. I stubbornly did not regret my actions.
    "Death Star," started the nurse.
    "If you want me to say sorry, it isn't happening," I snapped. "Cos I only say sorry if I am sorry. And I'm not!"
    The boy gave me a really pitiful glance.
    "Why would you do this?" Raska asked.
    The thing that I was most sorry for was Raska's deep disappointment in me. It hurt more than the nurse's withering scowls. "What's his name?"
    "Cam."
    "Fascinating. Thrilling to meet you Cam. Again."
    "I don't know what you might be talking about," he replied helplessly.
    "Oh, maybe you don't remember. If I recall correctly, you're the one who killed my best friend."
    "And that was...."
    "Callie? Remember her?"
    "Oh, the one in the prophecy? She was your best friend?"
    "Yes."
    "I killed her under Raska's orders. I apologize. If I had known...." Cam trailed off apologetically.
    "I'm sure." I determinedly stared back at the nurse.
    "Death Star," Raska said softly. "Please listen. I know that you're upset right now. You cannot, however, run around punching people that you have a disagreement with."
    "This is more than a disagreement," I grumbled.
    "We need to be strong, Death Star. Please don't punch anybody else or I will have to take steps."
    "That sounds ominous," I said quietly. I blushed as Raska glared at me. "Sorry."
    Raska shook his head. "You are one interesting woman, Death Star." He continued to pensively stare at me.
    "I'm not yet a woman."
    "Not if you continue to act this way."
    "Roasted," the boy muttered.
    I whipped around to face him but Raska's firm hand was around my arm in an instant, pulling me away from him. "Cam, I expect more from you. Please be polite to my second in command. Death Star, please calm down. As my second in command, please be more respectful of the people you will someday rule."
    I could feel my muscles flexing under Raska's palm as I tested his strength. I could tell that to pull away would be fruitless. I could also see, by the look on Raska's face, he knew what I was doing. I determinedly stared at him and he smiled and nodded. I frowned. What could he mean by nodding?

"I saw - or more felt what you were doing earlier," Raska said conversationally at the dinner table. All the higher ups sat at a long table in the front. "I approve of it. It was very discreet and that is exactly the thing you must do when you are being captured. Test the man's or woman's strength levels. Even pulling away slightly can get you a good idea of what their limit is. It's quite a brilliant thing to do and I give you credit for thinking it up on your own. You are one of the more brilliant people of the PACK I believe."
    "Why thank you," I replied. So that's what he meant by nodding at me. "I've always regarded myself as a female Einstein." I smirked slightly as brought my glass of apple juice to my lips. I took a sip.
    "Yes, you are positively brilliant," Raska said sarcastically.
    I choked on my apple juice.
    "Death Star, if you kill yourself on a glass of juice I will kill you."
    "I'd already be dead..." I observed.
    "Like we discovered. Brilliant."
    I started to violently choke on my juice. Raska looked at me with concern. "Do you need some water?"
    "Water is the last thing I need," I gasped.
    "Oh right."
    "Who is the brains around here?" I managed to say.
    "Not me apparently," Raska laughed. He took a sip of his wine. He licked his lips. "Wouldn't it be tragic if we both died on a drink?"
    "Hilarious and tragic," a woman on Raska's other side commented.
    "Who are you?" I questioned.
    "Raska's third in command," she answered, "Turmoil." She smiled at me. "Death Star, you stole my position."
    "I apologize," I laughed.
    "Don't," she reproached. "I never wanted the job. For me, it is more of a curse than a blessing. Stupid drama anyway."
    I smiled. "I wish to be a leader. I've always felt like there's never been a place for me in the world and the PACK has immensely changed my mindset. And I'm eternally thankful for that. The Ruiners may have not tried to do this but they made me feel less."
    "Happens," Turmoil scoffed. "I was going to join their group but stupid people had to go and wreck me. Raska saved me."
    "I'm not that heroic," Raska laughed. "Only mostly that heroic."
    "Big bragger. Pretends to be all modest but he's so full of himself inside."
    "Nuh uh!"
    "I'm just joking Raska. Don't take it so hard."
    He smiled and was about to reply when a scream came from the front doors. "They're coming! My Lord, they're coming!"

• Kaitlyn ❄

Thank you :D I appreciate that someone is enjoying these!

I really liked this chapter, especially the cliffhanger ending.