Image

Rosie.

Trying to make this my motto for life

either do something worth writing or write something worth reading
-Benjamin franklin

I just started a blog! I'd real appreciate if you gave it a look! :)
ramblingsofarandomkid.blogspot.com

Just a 14 year old girl with way to many half filled notebooks, a low key Harry Potter obsession, a weakness for Disney songs and a leaky fountain pen. When life pulls you down just look at the night sky and see god there.

Moon L.I.G.H.T chapter one

0
On the surface of the moon, deep in the bowls of the sea of serenity and only 60 km away from the 10m thick Pyrex dome protecting New London( or 'utopia' as the rebels call it with more that a bit of irony) is the New Sydney opera house.

it is a bizarre sight. The strange structure with its ethereal points like the hulls of many upturned boats surrounded by empty moon-scape. Protected by only a thin temporary done the building seems to shimmer in the airless sky and an abandoned drone stands, a silent sentry at the sealed door.

ZARA HANES
AGE: 15
APPERENCE: tall, short black hair, AIE implant 
OFFENCE: classified 
SENTENCE: exile
authorised: Helix Jarvis

It was beside this door that Zara Hanes found herself, in a too big moon suit and only 12.52 minutes of oxygen left. 

ZARA:
its only now, now that my oxygen monitor has started beeping and my AIE ink plant has decided to stream me tons of stories of people dying 'Outside' that it dawns on me.

this might  the last 12.52 minutes of my life.

and then I see it. The New Sydney Oprea house. 

For a a moment I wonder if it's a mirage, maybe my oxygen levels are lower than I thought, but no. I place a hand on the shimmering glass exterior, daring it to fade into gray plains, but it's real and all at once a sudden and desperate desire to live explodes out of me. I go mental. Hitting the door. Kicking. Shouting noiselessly inside my helmets. But my actions are slow and clumsy in the suit and there's no sound from my frantic knocking, of course there isn't, we're outside, there's no atmosphere, I learnt that in school. 

5.24 minutes of oxygen remaining