Peer Review by ALangford (United Kingdom)

A World Of My Own

By: KristinaMarieM

PROMPT: Why I Write

Often I find the world too vast, that I will never be able to explore it the way I want to. But, when I write, that feeling is gone. I write as a way to explore worlds and lives in a way I never will be able to. Writing gives me a way to explore the universe on large expeditions to other planets, experience thousands of love stories and friendships, or even be the president of a new country. Writing allows me to be someone else and fulfill my own desires to explore universes and lives the way I may never have the chance to. 

'Writing gives me a way to explore the universe on large expeditions to other planets, experience thousands of love stories and friendships, or even be the president of a new country.' - this was really strong because you used some really nice and strong language in order to essentially convince the reader of how powerful writing can be, proving your point through the poetry of your own style. It was really beautifully expressed, being both succinct and very poetic. It's also a really good point that everyone can, I think, relate to.

There's only one strand of argument in the piece but I agree with it completely and do think it's the most powerful argument there could be. I identify with this completely - it's what initially attracted me to reading and writing, the fact that I could live outside of my own head for a while and imagine myself in a whole new world. I think everyone gets this. That's why it's so nice to have a community like Write the World, because we can construct those worlds together and find ourselves engrossed in the workings of someone else's head. You expressed this idea really well in this piece.

This was a really enjoyable piece and you write really well. You're really good at succinct yet elegant and fluent writing. I'd love to read more of your work to see you experimenting more with the kind of descriptive writing that you lapse into in the fourth sentence, because you're a very elegant writer and I imagine your descriptions are really good.
I don't really have any criticism of this to give to you at all - you write really nicely and I really enjoyed reading such a fluent, reflective piece. Well done!