Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

In Remembrance

2
Sisters. Not in blood, but in spirit. That was Annabelle and I. She had short, dark hair, and I, dirty blonde. She liked dogs; I like cats. But despite these differences, (and maybe even because of them) we were best friends. We had in common what truly mattered. 
   Our relationship with Jesus.
We went to the same church, prayed to the same God, and loved our families. 
   One Sunday morning, our church had just finished singing an energizing hymn, when the doors at the back of the sanctuary creaked open. I didn't think much about it, then suddenly there was a loud popping sound. Gunfire. People started screaming; I may have been one of them. My mom pulled me down in-between the pews. 
   "Danny!" She screamed to my younger brother, who looked wide-eyed at the chaos. "Get down!" He hastily obeyed. 
Carol Ann, my four-year-old sister, sobbed in fear. I reached over and wrapped my arm around her. "It's okay, sweets. Shh, shh." I think I was trying to calm myself down, too. 
   The gunshots continued. LORD, make them stop. I prayed over and over again, squeezing my eyes shut against the screams. I prayed for my older sister, Haley, who had been sitting further back because she helped out with breakfast earlier in the morning. I prayed for the visiting pastor and his family, Annabelle, the Johnsons, the Corrigans, and others at the church. 
   Then as abruptly as they had begun, the gunfire stopped. The screaming stopped as well, and was replaced with wailing and crying. I'd never heard something so sorrowful before. Slowly, my parents stood up, and the rest of us did likewise. I heard an ambulance siren in the distance. I looked to where I'd last seen Annabelle. Her mom was bent over, weeping loudly, staring at something - someone - on the pew. 
   My heart dropped. Haley! My gaze shifted to the back of the church. I couldn't see her. LORD, let her be alright. 

Three days later, I was at the funeral for the 26 people who had died at our small Baptist church. Annabelle and Haley were included in the casualties. 
   I cried. 
   And asked God to tell them how much I loved them. 
This is dedicated to the families of the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
My prayers to the families! 

• AbigailSauble

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. :) Could you rephrase it?
    Have a great day!

Thank you, ARS7, for your praise! Do you have some requests for me to complete? The story that you wrote was awesome!