ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I just thought this would be interesting, having a physical manifestation of my fear of the dark. I'm pretty sure we all had our own childhood monster.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

The Monster

5
    There's a monster that lived in my garage. I'd never seen him, but I knew that he was there, lurking somewhere in the darkness. He hid when I turned the light on. He always hid really well, too; I could never find him. But at night, when everyone was asleep and I was laying in bed, my mind wandering, I could feel him creeping up on me. He would wander throughout my house, and I would hide under my blanket, certain that the thin layer of fabric would keep me safe. 
    He moved out when I was eight. I don't really know the exact date. He was just there, and then one day I realized that he wasn't anymore. He still comes back to visit sometimes, though. He stays for a few weeks after I watch a scary movie, and stays overnight if I'm home alone. I usually just try not to think about him. I'm pretty sure that he's afraid of my dog, so I make her sleep with me.
    Deep down, I know that he should be gone. I should have kicked him out a long time ago. But he's a stubborn one. So sometimes I still hid under my blanket, convincing myself that eventually, he'll go away.

1

• AbigailSauble

I don't understand why you want to be anonymous. Your pieces are really good. :D :D Great work!

Wow. This is really good.