AcetheticallyPleasing

Asexual || Dreamer || Hufflepuff
Hopeless romantic dreaming to find her true love
Songs || Stories || Poems
In love with two people, plus someone who can never be mine.

I was given a comment on Help that it might be interesting to see the mother's mindset and perspective on this whole ordeal, so I decided to make a part 2. While this was a true story, I don't actually know what my mum was thinking but this is how it seems she thinks. At one point it states that Crystal "knows" her daughter is heterosexual. I'm sorry if the "Perfection=Heterosexual" or "Perfection=Religious" part offends anyone, but that's something my mum definitely tries to push onto me. Any and all feedback/suggestions are appreciated <3

Help (Part 2)

Crystal laughed along with the adults of the family as they gathered in the kitchen for dinner. Her oldest daughter stood next to her, fidgeting with a toy in her hand. Crystal bit her tongue to keep her from saying something sarcastic. Her niece bent over her daughter's shoulder, asking what the toy was.
"Anika, step back," Crystal's daughter offered an empty chuckle as her thumb twirled around a black joystick on the cube. "It's just something to let me fidget."
Crystal narrowed her eyes and huffed, "How is that?" It took a lot of willpower to not contradict her right there.
Her daughter sat there and glanced nervously at the toy block in her hands before taking in a breath and explaining. "There are different mechanisms on it to occupy me. This divot here is meant for me to rub my thumb on it- supposed to calm me down if I get nervous." Crystal's brown eyes darted to her daughter's demonstrative thumb which now rubbed a soft curve pushed into one of the sides of the toy.
She couldn't bite her tongue again in time. "That's not true. It's just a toy. Besides, what do you have to be nervous about?" She looked at her daughter with a challenging gaze, knowing her daughter was just loving the attention she was given. Before her daughter could answer, Crystal swiped the cube from the other's hands and scrutinized it. Her eyes belittled the tiny thing as she attempted- to no avail- to find the significance in something so dumb. With the cube out of her hands, her daughter fell silent. She squirmed in her chair as Crystal held the toy. 
After a few seconds everyone was back to how they were just a bit ago- laughing, talking, eating like nothing was wrong. Crystal nearly forgot she had the cube in her hands until she passed a careless glance at her daughter who seemed to be silently begging to have it back. She pursed her lips and rolled it into the younger girl's hands, where she suddenly kept it with an iron grip, not wanting it to be taken again. 
Suddenly, Crystal's daughter took a breath and asked again for her mother's attention. Crystal looked at her emptily as she hummed a question, asking what her daughter wanted.
"Can I please- when we get back home- can I please get a new therapist? There's a place where they can help me for free!" Crystal's daughter's voice was laced with futile begging and her insatiable desire for attention. She glared at her daughter with warning. Having one therapist was enough- her daughter didn't have depression, there's nothing wrong with her. It's just a phase. All the kids her age claim to have all sorts of disorders- depression, anxiety, ADHD, when will it end? Of course they wouldn't know. They're just kids following a trend. Crystal didn't believe her daughter had depression, and she never would. Her daughter was too perfect for that. Straight A's, many friends, heterosexual, religious. Of course her daughter was perfect. Perfect people don't have depression. Crystal knew that. Crystal was too smart for that. "No."
She watched her daughter's eyes fill with forced tears. Ugh. This was so annoying, especially having to deal with this in front of the family. Her daughter asked, barely a whisper, "...What?"
She was done with this. "No. For once could you please stop acting like there's something wrong with you, and leave the professionals to the people with the real problems?" She let it out. In one dagger of a question, she put some sense into her attention-seeking daughter.
She knew it, too. How? Her daughter shut up.
Her daughter said sorry for asking, and she walked off.
Even so, she knew her daughter wanted her to follow her, console her, apologize for snapping.
But she wouldn't.
Crystal knew it was all an act.
Crystal was too smart for that.

• October 25, 2017 - 8:59am (Now Viewing)

• ChurroChubby

You know what's interesting... Churro and Chirro dilemmas

It's interesting to see the story from the mom's point of view. I really like your writing style.