AcetheticallyPleasing

Asexual || Dreamer || Hufflepuff
Hopeless romantic dreaming to find her true love
Songs || Stories || Poems
In love with two people, plus someone who can never be mine.

Each and every one of you is special.

You’re made of stardust, too.

If you can’t find a bright side, it’s okay to sit in the dark for little bit while your eyes adjust. It’ll be easier to find light after that.

I love you to the moon and back.

Control

PROMPT: Why I Write

5
The world around me is a horrifying place.
Societal norms, peer pressure, crimes spotting around like chicken pox. In this world, you don't get to decide much, no matter what people tell you. I'm still rather young; I can't even drive legally yet, so I'm even more confined.
Every day I'm haunted by pressure to get good grades, be a good person, to be myself but also blend in. How do I do that? Writing is an escape for me. Whether I'm writing a story or a song, in a notebook or on a computer, I feel free.
For once have control.
 I get to decide what happens and what doesn't happen.
Writing allows me to be me- express things that sometimes only I can understand. Often times I don't feel like I can even control myself, I'm a puppet with strings held by too many hands. When I can pour my thoughts and ideas- when I can pour myself, my mind- into words that can be read over and over, there's relief. It doesn't matter if I'm the only one reading or if a thousand others are reading along with me. They're my words. 
Writing is an escape from what everyone else wants me to be.
Writing gives me control for a beautiful amount of time, where no one gets to say how something goes. My way or the highway.
Writing lets me be me, inside and out, without fear. And for me, that's one of the greatest blessings I can be given.