74453

Raven Salvers

I am 17 and am an amateur writer for fun with a love of fiction. Although, if all the little people in my head could give me a hand every once and a while, that would be great. One problem I have though is when I create something I like, I try to turn it into a book. FYI, it's a bad idea/habit. Now, several unfinished books later, I am still going! Most of my pieces are short stories, so if you want to read them, it might take a little bit. I hope you like what you see, and if not, well... shit happens.

Disclaimer: I never said my writing was award worthy or anything, so read at your own risk peeps.

The Stranger

The street was crowded with people, all who were being themselves in their most creative ways. There was an old man wearing a brand new white baseball cap with a blue rim that cast a shadow over his wrinkled face that was dotted with sunspots. There was a flash of cool colors that whipped past my eyes. Looking around, I spotted a woman who stood out against everyone. Her back, leather, boots reached her knees and had two buckled straps. The lowest strap, near the ankle, went from one side of her foot to the other. The second strap started at the same place as the first but went in an upward diagonal line to the side of the boot facing the crowds around her.

Her pants were simple navy blue jeans that had four pockets, two in the front and two in the back. They were slightly worn and had a small tear in them that implied that she worked in them often. Her shirt, however, was the flash of color I had seen. It started out at the base of the shirt as a light green like the sun shining through a leaf, and then slowly faded to an aquamarine ocean blue, then to a stormy grey. The shirt’s long sleeves followed the same color pattern, and at her wrists the material fanned out, causing the ends to hang below her hands and catch the breeze. The shirt was printed with the black silhouette of a tree without leaves. It reminded me of the northern lights in an Alaskan forest.

Around her neck, there was a chain with a silver infinity symbol that shone in the sun. Clamped around her wrist was a braided, brown leather, bracelet. Her hair was simple but stylish all the same. It was a wavy dark almond brown that flowed down past her shoulders. There was a thin fishtail braid that originated where she parted her hair and then slowly fell out of sight behind her ear. The way she dressed implied that she was possibly an artist. A gust of wind blew her hair behind her giving the impression that it was weightless. As she disappeared into the crowd, I wondered, who was she?

1