Rogue one a star wars story key art 4k 8k 3840x2160

Lucy_Cerys

Born in the Mother Country but living in Oz. I write because... well, check out the first piece I published here and you'll see ;)

Anything at all. This is the first thing I've published on this website and I'm still comimg to terms with how it works. Be as honest and brutal as you like.

To Take Control

PROMPT: Why I Write

3
I write to stop time. To keep a piece of myself as I am then, at that moment, frozen forever. Or simply for as long as I please.

I write to remember, so I can feel the words as keenly as when I wrote them.

Not to say it always works, but humans often do hopeless things. We're hopeful creatures doing hopeless things every day.

This is why I write - it's because I'm hopelessly hopeful. Because I'm human. I want to stop time. I want to take control. To be able to flick back at every feeling within me, just to know it's there.

I go back and edit the things I don't like, because as I change, the feelings I wrote are somehow now different. I can see the moment and all it's flaws, frozen and at my mercy.

The words never manage to fully express the emotion which is why it's so beautiful, and, so frustating. We fill in the gaps. 

I write to fill in the gaps differently each time. To see other people fill in the gaps. To connect, to see them feel an echo of something I felt, for them to understand and to see how it is they understand. 

I write to stop time. To feel the words, beating and vulberable in my hands. I write to take control. I write because even though words are inadequate, I'm always, and always will be, secretly hopeful. 

• October 22, 2017 - 10:25am (Now Viewing)

• Lucy_Cerys

Just realised I made a typo in the last paragraph, whoops, my apologies. *vulnerable

Wow, this was really good! There isn't anything wrong with it. Great work!