Tea and a book

Maryam Gamar

just a teen writer trying to raise my voice above average

If you have a chance, I'd like to know how old you thought each of the five characters was. I didn't specifically say, so I think it would be interesting to see what you all thought!
-xo

It Takes All Kinds...

He’s the type of man who doesn’t talk because there’s isn't anything good to say that hasn’t already been said; but he always picks up hitchhikers.

She has a smile like a brilliant sunset that makes you feel excited for tomorrow.

He is the sort of person who never passes a homeless man on the street without dropping a handful of change, and says “good morning” in a way that makes it better.

She is one of those few who can sit for hours in a crowded coffee shop and never be noticed until she leaves.

He’s the kind of guy who went bungee jumping because he needed a thrill— but he didn’t go a second time since he got bored on the way down.

1

• Maryam Gamar

Thanks so much for responding Hanan!

• Hanan Adi

Good day, Maryam! Here are the impressions I get concerning the ages of your characters:

1. An oldish man, maybe about fifty.
    2. A young lady, perhaps in University, about twenty years old.
    3. Teenage boy not younger than sixteen.
    4. A venerable old lady.
    5. A middle-aged man, perhaps thirty.

I like all your examples, the first and fourth examples in particular. The first one reminds me of the different ways people help their neighbours, and the fourth reminds me of those humble folk whom we can never value enough, who make such a difference that we must be careful not to take them for granted.

These were all a pleasure to read. Thank you for posting, Maryam! Have a splendid day!