18membrinob

Please Review

The Unknown

0
I don’t know how to survive on my own, or without the help of family, friends, and everyday people. If I were to suddenly wake up in my house, with absolutely nothing or anybody in it, I would not know survive very long. If I were to then go out into the outside world to find help, and there were nobody there to help me, I would not know what to do. If I were to suddenly become unheard and unknown to everybody around me, I would not survive. I don’t know what it’s like to be living on your own. Then again, I am just a kid. And yet still, I feel that if my I were to be all alone in ten, fifteen, maybe even twenty years, or more, I wouldn’t be able to keep on living the life I was previously living.  As Humans, we need to be accompanied by others. We need to talk and communicate with one another, continually, to keep things going and to survive. Life is so much better and easier if we have people and friends to communicate with on a consistent basis. If we don’t get to experience these wonderful things, then we’ll just end up like Stalin’s prisoners. We would lose our sanity by being ostracized from the world and ending up being all alone in a big, cold, and dark world. This is also similar to the story Of Mice and Men (written by John Steinbeck), where just about every character in the story has the same feeling of loneliness.  I guess I fear that I’ll just end up like the characters in Of Mice and Men (written by John Steinbeck). All alone.
It especially hurts that nothing is guaranteed in life anymore. Years ago, if you went to college, got your diploma, and graduated you wouldn’t exactly be guaranteed a job, but you would at least have a great chance at getting one. Today, if you were to do all of that, it would be much more difficult to get a job based on today’s population and economy. It also hurts how much more things cost today than in the past. Tuition, Bills, Taxes, homes, etc, they all cost much more than what it costed many years ago. I am young to be thinking about this, but in five to ten years this will all be upon me, and then I will have to think about. I’m afraid of what the future holds for me out in the world. That’s why it’s important to keep keep your friends, your family, and your loved ones close to you so you can go to somebody for some help, and you will know that they will be there for you. As children we’re asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”, and I still don’t know the answer to that question. I have dreams and fantasies but none of them are very realistic. That’s why I’m afraid that when I grow up I won’t have a plan for what I really want to do with my life. There are many “What If” questions that I need to be answered so I will know what I want my career to be, and I very much hope that those questions will be answered sooner rather than later.