tristen kay

The Reasons

PROMPT: Why I Write

1
     Why I write? What a question. To be honest with the few that will take the time to read this, I cannot with all the amount of words in the world describe in perfect detail to you the reasons that I write. So here, my friends, is the shortest summary possible. I write because of pain. I write because of sorrow, guilt, regret, happiness, and more. I write because of the stillness and peace it gives off. Hearing my fingers hit the keyboard.. hearing the pen or pencil hit the paper. Writing is my escape. It takes me away from the past, and the present. Writing allows me to be who I want, when I want, and how I want without feeling the judgement or disrespect from those around me. Simply; because I control what I write, and who gets to read it. That's the beauty within writing though right? You control it. I believe writing is similar to love. There are literally so many forms, and ways to express it. Nobody can sit down and express or place a summary on why they write into words, and the same goes for love. I love to write. I live to write. Writing literally is my air. When I exhale, I let go, and let my fingers do the typing. When I inhale, I feel the constant urge to be writing. Time without writing is time wasted. We can verbally say so much in this big world, but you will never be able to literally 'look back' on what you've said, unless it's written somewhere. Writing is the mark I hope to leave on the world. If when I die, nobody has anything to remember me by, I hope someone at least remembers my writing. If my family ever hurts so bad they feel like i'm not even there anymore, I want them to be able to feel me through my writing. That means I've done something right. That means my writing has made an impact. That's my goal. I write, to stay sane. I write to breathe. 

Yep. I can totally relate to this :)