ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

every poem is a different style, leave me and my everchanging existence alone

Untitled

PROMPT: Why I Write

4
I write because I need to. I write to meet my demons and chase them away. I write to feel like I'm not worthless, like I mean something. 

I write because my mind is filled with dreams and ideas. I write because if I don't get them out, I'll be lost. I wrote because I need things I can't have and the only way to get them is to feel them on paper.

I write because it's the only thing that makes sense. I write because my life depends on it. I live on arms covered in hastily scribbled words and half-formed sentences on the tip of my tongue and stories that'll never be told and one day finding a fallen star on paper.

I write because it is safe and dangerous and easy and hard. I write because it's a contradiction, a reflection of a life that takes away part of mine. I write because there are so many emotions and feelings and if they're not on paper, in front of me, I'll lose them. 

• sparkdust

this is such a big mood! it's so true and hits close to home

This was very interesting. Great work!

• ethereal.otherworldly

thank you!

• Kaitlyn ❄

You could have you title as "I Write..." with the periods and everything too. Just a suggestion. Really great job.

• ethereal.otherworldly

thank you :)

• Megan Jung

It will be better if you put on a title. Everything else is well organized and good. :)