Langer

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -Ernest Hemingway

Negative and positive feedback welcome, but if you spell words incorrectly or use improper grammar I will completely ignore your suggestions. Enjoy and happy reading!

No words

1
Stressed doesn't cover it. Anxiety really doesn't either. As a writer, I search for words to explain feeling, but sometimes, I can't find any. I can't describe the weight on my shoulders. How it feels at the end of the day when I fall into bed and this goddamn weight is still there. When I wake up in the morning and it's still there. I sit in seven hours of classes with it still resting on my shoulders. Three hours of work after that. Then homework. My life is surrounded by heaviness. And it's hard to see when it will get light again. It hasn't been for a while. My shoulders are tired. It's hard to remember that things will change. But that's the only thing keeping me going, the hope that someday there will be a different weight. One that's more bearable to carry everyday. One that doesn't make me fall on the floor in just pure exhaustion. Maybe one day I'll feel light again.

• denny0112

Thank you for writing such a good piece! I could feel the tiredness of life (which I also feel every day). I love the way how you express it.