ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I like this prompt.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Strawberries and Iced Coffee

PROMPT: Why I Write

5
    I write because I believe that this world is full of stories. I write because I believe that this world is full of people and places and sensations and experiences and emotions that are worth writing about. I write because I notice the small details in the nooks and crannies of my life and think that they are important.
    And I want other people to realize just how important I think they are.
    Because nobody wants to sit and hear me talk about me sitting on my front porch in the late afternoon. But if I write, if you read, you can taste the icky sweet coffee on my tongue and the sharpness of a tart red strawberry that follows. You can feel the breath of an ocean breeze start to waver through the heavy autumn air. You can see the pickets in my fence glow a shade of gold as the sun hits them just right and hear the rusty hinges on my porch swing start to squeak.

I write because I want other people to see my world through my eyes. I write because I have something to write about.

1

I really like this piece, especially the third paragraph.