Rainbow flag 1

Kaitlyn ❄

* Feminist * Bisexual * Whovian * Besties with Emilie & Hadley * Loki * Iron Man * ENTP-T * Hermione * Draco * Music * Writing * Depression * Alopecia * Singer * Swimming * Dancing *

Hello, y'all.

Braving Life (Chapter Six)

5
    I rocked back and forth trying not to cry. I was shocked that I'd tried to hurt Jesse. I was shocked that he was scared of me. I was shocked how he'd left me alone in pain. I was shocked that in a way I wanted to do it again. I shook my head, frantically trying to clear the image of him flying back against the wall. I closed my eyes. I would not let that happen again. I had to teach myself. I focused my attention on a single object and let the image of it flood into my mind. I then imagined that object breaking to bits. The coffee mug smashed. I paused. I evaluated my feelings. I felt cold in a way. I took a deep breath, fighting the urge to break more things. I closed my eyes and willed that broken mug to heal. I opened my eyes. There it sat, the same place as ever, completely together. I felt light headed. I knew that it was probably quite difficult to force your mind to do something it didn't want to but I could see and feel that it was possible. I felt warmer. I began to anger myself over things. The time when Jesse had accused me of lying, when Cassie kept pestering me, when Mom gave me a 10:00 curfew. I wish beginning to feel very destructive. I let the feeling overtake me. At least I know I can control that part of my feelings, I thought. Now the other. I pushed back against that overpowering angry emotion. I filled my heart with thoughts of the times Cassie had comforted me, when Mom had let me go watch a movie with my best friends, and when Jesse had told me I was important. Something seemed to swell inside of me and when I opened my eyes, the wood stove was blazing. The room all together felt warmer and homey. I swallowed hard. I'd done it. I'd fought back against my gut.
    "That's phenomenal," a voice said behind me. I stood still as Jesse walked up to me. "How you can fight back so early. And we haven't even started training you. That's also a bit scary. What could you do in the future? You could certainly do many things for the greater good. But if you chose the wrong side that could be catastrophic. If you made one mistake. But we will make you see what side is the right one. You should be smart enough."
    "Don't do that," I snapped.
    "Don't do what?"
    "You're manipulating me. Saying that if I make a mistake or choose the wrong side, that makes me stupid. But if I'm perfect, then I'll be revered." I stared deep into his eyes, letting my anger start to overtake me. I loved the feeling of control I had. "Don't do that. Or I'm gonna my brains and get out of this place."
    "I didn't mean it like that, Jeannie." His deep eyes were slightly apprehensive.
    "Jesse, you did though. Don't deny it. You totally meant that. You're twisted, boy, you really are."
    "Don't act like you're older than me or something. Don't call me a boy. Okay?"
     I mockingly tilted my head at him. "Not okay. Okay?" Jesse was breathing heavily. I let some more anger seep into me. I had to be ready for when he attacked. If he did. But he sure looked it.
    "You don't rule the world Jeannie!" he cried leaping forward.
    "Oh but I do." I tried to create a wall between us. Jesse stumbled slightly as  he hit the imaginary, yet completely real force that I was using against him. He raised his hands and I could feel his force pushing back. I clenched my teeth fighting him but I knew it was pointless. I was strong but Jesse was much more talented. I created a sort of fortress around me, letting it feed on itself.
    "How do you know how to do that?" gasped Jesse. "I had to be taught for days and weeks. That shouldn't be possible. It can't be possible. You're you're so strong."
    I could feel the walls of my fortress fading. "I don't know, I just came up with it, I guess."
    "There is no coming up with them. How did you know that the walls would feed off of each other?" Jesse growled.
    "I don't know, it just made sense."
    "Here's the answer to your question Jeannie. If we were fighting each other, yes, I would win." His force gave a final shove against mine and I collapsed.

• October 14, 2017 - 10:10am (Now Viewing)

• Kaitlyn ❄

Haha yay!!!!
    Thank you so much. I will most certainly continue:) God bless!

• AbigailSauble

There, I read the other parts. Really great job! I'm enthralled. :) Hope you continue!
    God bless!

• Kaitlyn ❄

Haha, yeah I imagine you're a bit lost. It's hard to pick up like this in an action story like this XD

• AbigailSauble

I'm very lost. :P I haven't read the first 5(?) parts. So I'll have to do that. Very well done!
    God bless!

• Kaitlyn ❄

XDDDDDDDDD

• BlueWriter

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. IT MADE ME LAUGH. I ALSO LIKE DANCING *flails arms* AYYYAYAYAYAYAYA