Images

neo7v

Feelings conveyed through words and phrases threaded so carefully together is what makes life worth living.

Write from the things and places you know best because they're always where the greatest ideas bloom from.

Vests and Pretzel Stands

"No."
    My head whipped towards my brother, brows furrowed in annoyance. "Why not?" I pouted my lips at him, jaw jutting out to get his attention. "This is a once in a lifetime experience! There won't be an opportunity like this again for years!"
    The look he gave me could have frozen over the entire ocean and I shivered from the coldness radiating off of him. His eyes glared icicles at me as he replied back, "It's a summer sale. I'm sure they'll have it next year."
    I sighed in annoyance. He just didn't seem to get it. The clearance vests and bow-ties made the mad rush to the mall during the end of summer worth it once I got to show them off.
    "But the khaki's!" I argued back, face slowly crimsoning in frustration. "And the dress shirts! Come on, a man such as yourself should appreciate such high class of clothing!"
    My brother raised an eyebrow at that, gesturing down to his ripped jeans, holey t-shirt, and beaten vans. "You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding."
    I looked him over again and sighed. Time to think of a new approach. A new, fantastic idea sprouted in my mind and a knowing smile took over my face. "You know," I began slowly, "I'm pretty sure that girl you like works the three o'clock shift at the pretzel stand there..."
    The sound of car keys jingling filled the air, the grin on my face widening in response. My brother opened the door to the garage, gazing back at me with an eager look clouding his face.
    "Why are you just standing there with that stupid look on your face? Let's go!"

• October 12, 2017 - 11:58am (Now Viewing)