Dsc 1621

ARS7

I am an amateur writer, photographer, and artist who loves Jesus and wants to further His kingdom by bringing glory to His name! My age is the square root of 256; I play five musical instruments. My mom home-schools me with the patience of God!

Look from other people's (and thing's) perspectives. Feeling what they feel, seeing what they see, and touching what they touch.
Keep Christ in Christmas!

This Is Katie

2
I was homesick. Country-hearted me in urban surroundings. I wore sunglasses, had multiple ear piercings, and dressed in the current fashion. But it wasn't me. College life had grabbed hold of me. Hanging out with different friends, an "A" student with the occasional "B", but there was something missing. I pondered that one day while I stared out of my dorm window. It was Saturday afternoon, and my roommate had gone to visit her family in the next city. Mine was over the border.
   I'd started out the day with makeup, ripped-up jeans, and a gray tanktop. But around 1:00, I took it all off, and put on a pair of faded cowboy-cut jeans, and my once-favorite t-shirt from home. Compared to my every day attire, I felt out-of-date. My bare face stared back at me in the floor-length mirror. I was that awkward freshman once more. But it felt right. I took off my earrings. Yes, there. Now it felt perfect.
   This was the real me. I'd taken off my modern disguise, uncovering the country-girl who'd traveled away from her beloved family to get a degree in business. I looked over myself for a few more eye-opening seconds, then crossed the carpeted floor to my bed-ridden iphone. I typed in the familiar, yet unused phone number, and waited for the voicemail to end. 
   "Hey family! This is Katie! 

• ARS7

Glad you liked it. ;)
    God bless!

• Elizabeth Bennet

I like the description 'bed-ridden iphone'. It's perfect.