Db3f404b 23d0 4bb8 a89e c21e556b689b

Lee Fudge

Nice!

Self Proclaimed Anime And Manga Expert

Any feedback is great!

Two Things I Hate In Writing

3
I , Charles S. Fudge, hate many things. We all do. But let me tell two things I hate hate in writing.

1. The writer inserting themselves in.
I am kind of biased on this one, as everyone is vastly superior to me, but does any one really like this?  What seems to happen is that they over power themselves to the point they're invincible and I know for fact everyone hates an overpowered character. I get it, if your just starting out and you don't know much about character development planet, like I do, writing about yourself is good way to start out. I just don't like it when all the time.

2. Characters being evil for no reason.
Okay, let me explain. All villains have motivation, like say killing the ,int to get his kingdom. However some villains are evil...just because. If it's some sort of mental disorder thing that makes them act like that, it's fine, because even those people have some sort of motivation. But some have the motivation "They're Evil!" So, why are they evil? I just don't like it.

Sorry for the rant,

Charles S. Fudge.

• No More Than Sam

LOL! I was looking for more "Things You Hate" prompts, and I found this! Now, I agree. I try to not make my characters too overpowered, or make my villains evil for no reason, but here's the ironic thing: This was published on the exact day I started Write the World!

• Kaitlyn ❄

Yes sir! I rant too btw xD

• Glytch Montoya

My reactions to each of those:

1.) My main character, Glytch, is "loosely" based on myself, but I try to make sure I don't make him overpowered. I agree that NOBODY likes an overpowered character! (Except for, maybe, the character in question. I'm guessing they like being overpowered.)

2.) I agree with this one! All villains need motives! Even if they aren't necessarily "villains," if they're "evil" in any way, there needs to be a reason other than "because they are!"

(Sorry if I was ranting just now.)

• -Foxmillionaire-

I rant all the time too