Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Don't Give Up

1
I breathed slowly. Even breaths in and out. In and out. Soothing. I knelt low to the dry ground. Brown grass danced around me in waves up to my shoulder. In my left hand I held my wildlife camera; my right hand posed to take a shot. My dull brown sweater and camo hat blended in well with my drab surroundings. All sorts of birds flew in the trees in front of me. A variety of woodpeckers, jays, sparrows, and the like.
   I flipped back through the pictures I'd taken of a gold finch, perched on a Queen Anne's Lace flower. It was a male, for sure, the feathers were so bright. As I adjusted the strap on my neck, the sun glanced off of the metallic ring on my fore-finger. It had been a gift from my grandma. An engraved image of a hummingbird dipping its graceful head into a Morning Glory.
   "Abby." She'd said, blue eyes twinkling yet serious. "Don't give up on your dream. You go on and photograph. And remember the One who gave you such a wonderful gift. I love you, Abby." 
   Coming back to the present, I caught sight of a Common Flicker, pecking away at the base of a tree. I lifted the camera up to my eye, and thought: I won't forget, grandma.