ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

please help me and leave a review i am so crap at writing you can put it down on your resume as a charity activity

Lindley

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

3
i'm calm.

it's rare, nowadays, for me to be, what with school and work and anxiety. but here, perched on the side of the bridge, watching the stream twist and turn and bubble over rocks and dirt and sand, i feel okay. i watch maya quietly, her paws barely grazing the ground as she jumps from bank to bank. i can hear the sound of a dove high above me, crooning and rustling her wings.

a leaf tears off the maple tree to my side, resting lightly on the wings of the breeze before drifting down into the stream. i smile. the sunlight is filtering through the tress, dancing on the earth, bathing the whole scene in a sleepy, soft light. it's reaching late afternoon and a feeling of calm settles over me as i effortlessly leap down into a patch of daisies just to my left, where I stretch out and close my eyes, taking deep breaths. I can smell earth and grass and maya, my beautiful puppy laying down to rest in her head on my chest.

2

• Kaitlyn ❄

:) Anything I can do to help:)

• ethereal.otherworldly

thank you so so much. you are a complete sweetheart.

• Kaitlyn ❄

Your descriptions were so beautiful and I've read every single one of your pieces and loved them all. I've not done that with anyone. The only other one is BlueWriter and she's my best friend so that hardly counts XD. But you are honestly great. And, if you still think you're bad, you will just get better.

• Kaitlyn ❄

You really are. The Golden Creek piece was phenomenal.

• ethereal.otherworldly

I just compare myself to you and all the other writers on this website and I'm really not.

• Kaitlyn ❄

Hey, you're writing's great. Don't say it's not cos you're really good.