M.B.

"To see the world, things dangerous to come, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Eighteen-year-old girl nursing a deep adoration of classical literature, world mythologies, and world history. Devoted to languages, coffee, house plants, and vikings. Hoping to make a mark on the world.

​Strangerworld

Somewhere between the living and the dead there is a Strangerworld, where everything is quite peculiar and the laws of existence do not entirely apply. Do you see those brother kings who own the castle squatted upon the hill? Its north wall is clotted with ivy, and the southern face shines like marble. Do you see how they are neither here with us, nor are they there? They are everything and they are nothing. The eldest brother’s eyes are the Sun and Moon, suspended from spider silk in a sky which blooms both black and blue, and his agitated heart is the toiled Earth, thrumming with worms and knotted with roots. He is everything. The other sits in a boundless cavern of gold pieces, shrivelled hands clasping at a goblet carved from bleached bone. In comparison to the sea of fake coin he is drowning in, he is but a speck, without heart and without voice. He is nothing. So we can see the pattern in this Strangerworld; its rivers turns to dust as easily as flowers blossom into flames, and one would be wise to take caution when stepping along its bejewelled paths. Pay heed before that, even. The lock to the World Door may feel cold and ugly in your hands and disturb you with its realness, but should you twist the key and seal it behind you as you enter, there is no telling whether it will ever appear to you again. The Strangerworld welcomes all with open jaws.

• JadeAndSerpentine

Wow! This is really good!

• Kahasai

This is beautiful.

• Gabriel Goodwin

One of the best pieces I've ever read! This has inspired my writing to this day! Thank you and continue to inspire others like me!

Have a good day!