Just a Girl in a World

I'm just a girl in a world. What else can I say?

I'm new to writing, so feel free to give me as many tips as you'd like.

Flash Fiction. I'd like to especially receive feedback on the ending - I know it was abrupt, but please tell me if you can understand how it ended.

Ghosts of the Past

3
My father had always loved hiking. I can remember when he'd take me hiking on weekends, I'd wade in the small pond he always liked to fish in. My mother had never liked the dirt or bugs or smells of nature, always staying home and rushing me into the shower when we returned. I giggled and ran to the bathroom, fake-puking as he gave her a kiss.

I can remember the last time we went hiking. I had gone under the water for just a minute while he set up the fishing poles. When I resurfaced he was gone. I searched for him, believing it was some kind of a game. I became angry when it wasn't fun anymore. I was scared, I couldn't find him.

That was years ago.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone will ever come back for me.

• September 17, 2017 - 4:52am (Now Viewing)

• AbigailSauble

The ending gave me several different emotions. For one, I didn't expect it to end like that, (so surprise), for another slight anger, and sadness. Great ending! Totally got hooked there!
    Oh, I so wish you would continue this piece! :D But it's great the way it is!
    God bless!