Rainbow flag 1

Kaitlyn ❄

* Feminist * Bisexual * Whovian * Besties with Emilie & Hadley * Loki * Iron Man * ENTP-T * Hermione * Draco * Music * Writing * Depression * Alopecia * Singer * Swimming * Dancing *

Hey Hadley. 'Lo Bree. Thanks for your support gals.

Braving Life (Chapter Three)

8
    I looked around and screamed at the top of my lungs. "Take me back! Where am I? What the heck, why have you kidnapped me?" A whole ton of swear words were running through my mind. "This is unfair you - you - you -" I stuttered.
    "We're in an underground safe place." Jesse wasn't trying very hard.
    "Oh yes. Sure looks safer than any other place I've been."
    "It is," he replied offended.
    "Okay, a strange dude -"
    "Strange?"
    "Unstrange dude just kidnapped me. Yes safe. I don't even know where I am! Did you fly through time and space like in Doctor Who?" I guessed fascinated. "Are you like Jack?"
    "Who?"
    "No one." My excitement vanished in an instant. "Take me back."
    "Or?" he taunted.
    "I'll hit you." I wasn't scared to. I was frightened, unsure of what he was about to do, and more. I would hit him in a flash.
    "Okay Miss Coordinated."
    I slapped him, unashamed. "Don't talk to me like that."
    "I knew you had something in you. I told him. He'll be impressed though."
   "Can we be less vague? This is really annoying me. I can hit harder. I will hit harder if you don't do something if you don't bring me somewhere if you don't do something!" I screamed.
    "That sentence made sense," he commented nonchalantly. "Can you say that again but slower this time?"
    "Sure, King Sarcasm." I tilted my head at him and narrowed my eyes.
    "That's extraordinary."
    "What?" I asked hoping I sounded deadly. I probably sounded like an idiot.
    "You haven't fell over yet." He began to walk down the tunnel.
    "Ha ha Mr. Smartypants." I carefully walked several feet behind him. I didn't trust anything and I definitely didn't trust him. But I didn't trust myself on it's own either. So better of two evils, here. "You think you're so smart. And clever. And funny. Guess what? You're not. You've never been, you aren't, you never will be, and I hate you - "
    "Slow down please. My brain can't process such ramblings. Unless you're talking to yourself of course." Jesse smirked.
    "HA HA!"
    "You're awful at sarcasm."
    "Did you really have to point that out?" I answered bitterly. "I mean, I already knew that, you didn't have to shove it in my face and rub it in."
    "You're good at drama though," he calmly pointed out. "That could help you in a few situations."
    "Why are you talking like you're debating whether or not I'm a good solider?"
    Jesse turned around and stared me straight in the face. I stopped in my tracks. I didn't like the suddenly serious look on his face. It shut me up quick. I swallowed hard as he turned back around and began to walk again. My stomach was in a tight knot and my heart was pounding. It became difficult to breathe. I was claustrophobic and the tunnel was not helping my already severe state of panic. I wanted to scream and run. The walls suddenly got closer and I couldn't breathe. They were pressing on my chest taking away all my air access.
    "Jeannie?"
    I blinked hard and realized I was gasped on the floor. The walls of the tunnel were no closer. I was in a cold sweat and I was having trouble breathing.
    "You're claustrophobic." It was not a question but I answered anyway.
    "Yeah."
    "Interesting. That could complicate things. We're almost there. Look down and focus on breathing, Jeannie. Don't look at the walls or ceiling and just breathe. Okay?"
    I nodded.
    "Do it," Jesse commanded.
    I took a deep shaky breath trying not to panic. I looked down and nodded my head. "We can keep going."
    "We're almost there," he repeated. After a while he said, "I'm sorry I scared you like that but you weren't safe where you were. The PACK was going to come get you. We saw where they were heading."
    "The PACK?" I gasped.
    "Don't talk," Jesse advised. "I think at one point it stood for something but after all these years, they're just the PACK, all capital letters. I don't even know if they know what the letter stand for anymore." He laughed bitterly. "Maybe that would help us out."
    "Us?"
    "Didn't you figure it out?"
    "Straight F's in school, buddy."
    "You're smarter than you know."
    "Okay..."
    "We're a group fighting the PACK."
    "And you're called...." I entered the door he held open for me.
    An ancient voice greeted me. "Ms. Star, we are the Ruiners."
    I stared in horror at the scarred face of the oldest man I had ever seen.

I wonder what PACK is. Great work!

• Kaitlyn ❄

Thank you so much for your support.

• MoonFromAlola

Wow! What just happened?! That was incredible!! Great job once again!