B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721

pencils.and.paper.roses

NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

Can you solve this riddle? Thanks for reading (and trying to solve it!) and hope you like it!

Riddle!

3
I have had this made-up riddle bouncing around in my head for a while, so here it is!

4 children go to a fair and each buy a set of hand-painted cups. The first child, Angela, buys a set of 2. The second child, Jack, buys a set of 4. Lillian, the third child, buys 3. And the last child, William, buys only a single cup. Each child agrees that they will keep them at one house, in one cabinet. The next time they get together for homework, each of them uses one of their hand-painted cups. After Jack, William, and Lillian leave, the amount of cups that can fit in their dishwasher are washed. When it is emptied, Angela has 2 cups in the cabinet, Jack has 3, Lillian has 2, and William has his one cup. Who has the most cups in the cabinet?

Can you solve it? I will post the answer in another piece later, once I have some comments with guesses of the answer in them!

• September 11, 2017 - 10:01am (Now Viewing)

• Aravis Tarkheena

I think it is Lillian. She buys 3, but it doesn't say three cups.

• Aravis Tarkheena

That bit about the dishwasher is confusing.

• RedWriter

Ok I decided to write down my train of thought so my answer is explained. So 4 children, sorted by number of cups bought, W, A, L, and J, go get cups- one, two, three, four. They are putting them in the same cabinet. SO each uses one. A is the only one left and loads them into washer. So then you say when it is emptied and there are W, A tied with L, and then J. Who has the most cups in the cabinet? Well, my sensible side tells me that it is all the same cabinet and they would all have the same since the cups are obviously interchangeable since they got different ones and I should count them. But I don't think that would be it. I think consistencies would play a part. Angela has had two all this time and it appears Jack and Lillian might've not put their cups back. It might still be Jack. Goodness I am confusing myself. We could go into fractions but I don't really want to my brain is tired. I have a strange feeling to say William... ok, I think I have my answer.
    I think it's William since it asks for a set at first and he was the only one who did not get a set. Then instead of set it says cups instead of which has the biggest set or whatever so I think it's William. For better or for worse, I'm with William!