Db3f404b 23d0 4bb8 a89e c21e556b689b

Lee Fudge

Nice!

Self Proclaimed Anime And Manga Expert

Any feedback is great, especially on this.

The Living Statues

1
The Inspector went into the building, He had been here before when he was a kid, the Place of Living Statues. The statues were not statues at all, there robots created by Helvetica Labs, back in the seventies and eighties.

"Are you ready?" A voice in the Inspector's walky-tally said.

"I am ready, Tim" The Inspector said.

"Okay, I'll open the door," Tim said.

The Inspector walked in. The place was the same as it was when he was a kid, a large hallway with doors on either side. Each door had a different theme, and a name plate on the side,of the wall with the statues name on it. He went to the first door, with the name plate that said "Violet the Violinist". He looked at the door first. It had musical notes coming out of a violin. He opened the door. 

The room had shelves of sheet music books, a small desk, and a trophy case full of trophies, which the inspector assumed a Violet won during her Violinist career. On the right wall, he saw a picture with all the statues in it. Violet was in the front, due to being one of the shorter ones. The looked like their used to be a man middle, but his face appeared to be covered with a marker.

Then, suddenly, he heard humming in the center of the room, and a violin playing. He looked and he saw, in the center of the room, a woman sitting on a stool, playing the violin. This was Violet. 

When end see stopped, the Inspector instinctively clapped. She turned around, and looked suprised. She had blue eyes, black hair, both of which looked rather real for a robot. She also had a rather small nose. She had on the sameblack pants, vest with a white shirt under it, and some odd bow like thing she used as a sort of bow tie.

"Is that..you?" Violet said.

"Um, what?" The Inspector said.

She got up, grabbed his face as if inspecting him. 

"I remember you," she said,"You were that little boy that always talked to me," 

"Oh...you remember that..?" The Inspector said.

"Of course! Us Living Statues here remember every individual face that comes here," Violet said smiling.

"Oh yeah!" He remembered that after all the times he came here, then he wanted to ask here something,"Your robots right? How are you not rusted?" 

"Oh, Dr. Anders Helvetica, our brilliant creator, made our frames out of Ladonium, a metal that doesn't rust," She said," Our skin, well...that's a secret! How is Dr. Helvetica?"

"Oh...um...he's dead," The Inspector said.

"Oh..." Violet said looking saddened," Well, that's what human's do..."

"But, there's a new Doctor Helvetica. His name is Julius," The Inspector said. 

"Oh, Juli is the leader now?!" Violet was happy again. "That's great! He created one of us,"

After a silence Violet said, "I am going to make some tea," 

Then, the Inspector remembered something. Violet, when he was a kid and when he talked to her, she never responded. This is because she never had a speech synthesizer. Which means...

She couldn't talk.

This is a little long, but I like it, and I hope you do too!

• RainAndSonder

Yeah, there's an episode that has a part somewhat similar to this, but it doesn't have robots and has a more tragic ending. Robots are an interesting idea.

• Lee Fudge

No, I haven"t, but you are referring to the weeping angels, yes?

• RainAndSonder

A private inspector walks into a building, a building with living statues... Have you ever seen Doctor Who?
    And also great work!