Dsc 5496

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Wordsmith
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ
Aquaphobe
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars." ~ Martin Luther King Jr

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

She's Shy, I'm Shy

6
There's a shy girl in the corner. Peeking out at the giggling groups of girls clustered toward the middle of the brightly-lit, square room. I'm standing in another corner, glancing up from my textbook. She looks a lot like me. Standing by herself. In one resolute moment, I tuck the ring-bound book under my arm, and stride over, watching out for any wastebaskets or stray book bags blocking my way. I come within two yards of the shy girl, and suddenly my mouth refuses to cooperate. 
   Come on! I urge myself. But my stuttering has already kicked in. My mouth opens and closes, and my head bobs as I try to force a simple greeting from my lips. The girl glances over, sending me a shy smile. 
   "Hi!" Triumph! "I'm Annaliese. What's your name?" I smile wide, both from my accomplishment, and from the look on the girl's face as I introduce myself. She's obviously never had someone initiate a personal conversation with her before. 
"Paige." Her eyes brighten. 
   "That's a great name! How old are you?" I try encouraging her into a conversation.
"I'm 14." 
   "Neat! I'm 15. But I still think of myself as 14." I wink, and glance out at the mass of girls in the center. 
"Do you live around here?"
   "Yeah, on Key Street." 
"Really? I live one street over. Carlson Street. In the big tan-colored house." My brain searches for another subject, but Paige beats me to it.
   "Do you have any animals?" She asks quietly, looking at me in interest. Apparently the idea of a neighbor girl excites her. Well, she's not the only one.
"Yes! A dog named Sheba. Do you have any siblings?"
   And that's how the conversation went. Steadily building up a new friendship. And it all started with: She's shy. I'm shy. Seriously, we should meet. 

1

• AbigailSauble

Yeah, same. ;)
    God bless!

• Starborne Scrolls

I have these sort of small, awkward conversations all the time, and animals are always my "go-to" subject XD

I think it's great to have something to relate to! God bless!

• AbigailSauble

No offense taken. ;) I took it from my own "introverted" experiences, in which small talk is extremely common. So it's not so "10-year-old minded" as you may think.
    Have an excellent day!
    God bless!

• -Foxmillionaire-

This kinda sounds like a conversation 10 year old kids would have, not teenagers. No offense