Peer Review by finleigh (United States of America)

What Sports Should Be

By: Aravis Tarkheena

"It is a good sign in a nation when things are done badly. It shows that all the people are doing them. And it is bad sign in a nation when such things are done very well, for it shows that only a few experts and eccentrics are doing them, and that the nation is merely looking on." G. K. Chesterton.
The history of sports is tied to the history of every level of humanity. They have served many purposes in the varying times and places of the world, they both train and entertain. From poor children's foot races in the alleyways to hunting lions in Africa to American baseball to English jousting, sports have crossed the bounds of time and space all across the world. In other countries and in harder times they raced, hunted, and fought for the purpose of surviving. Sports today are more for entertainment. Today, we do them because we enjoy them and not because we must.
Odyseuss, Akhilleus, and the other mighty Greeks and Trojans celebrated with sports and games. The Olympics started thousands of years ago in Greece with a footrace. The latest Olympics in 2016 had twenty eight different types of sports. Sports have changed through the ages, but they are still for everyone to do. Many people now feel overwhelmed by the athletes who make sports their lives.
We go to the Olympics and scream for our favorites, all the while thinking that we could never be that good. No, we can't be that person, but we can be ourselves and we can have fun doing that. Professionals are not the only athletes. From the traditional competitions of years ago to today's variations, sports have been done by every person in the scale. Just as cities are made of everyday workers, so are sports made of the irregular athletes.

This is a little bit longer, I just realized that the low end of the word goal was about 4 hundred more words that I had, so I reduced the difference to 3 hundred words. Sorry for overloading you with this piece.

The quote. It was very interesting, and I wanted to see how you tied it into your piece.

Maybe you could include who G.K Chesterton was? Or why you chose that quote?

I don't think so.

It's very good, and it did not seem long at all. I wasn't overloaded in the least. If anything, it was a little shorter than I expected, but maybe that's because I expected it to be very long.

Overall this piece was very good, you just need to tie in the quote a little better.