Nadia Kotova

Hey guys!
Writer
Baker
Beverly Lewis books
Percy Jackson
Harry Potter
Louisa May Alcott
Disney
HTTYD
Homeschooled
Perpetually happy
Most importantly: a child of the King
I love you!
Jesus loves you!
To God be the glory!

I know this isn't one hundred percent inside the criteria of the prompt, but I decided just to have fun with it. Besides, a prompt is merely a suggestion to spark imagination.

That's Why I Write in the Willow

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

4
The lone willow sweeps its bows in the center of the open field, guarding over the blooming wildflowers. Lovely little blossoms bob brightly in the wind. Long grass ripples in waves amongst the flowers. They carry them along in their tide. Purples, pinks, reds, blues, yellows, and oranges play with each other. Everything in the field is open and free.

That's why I write in the willow. 

But the wildflowers, as beautiful as they are, cannot compete with your beloved sunset.

Painted across the sky are varying shades of soft yellow and brilliant orange, making the colors of the flowers pale in comparison. Pinks and purples tangle together other amidst the last wisps of vibrant blue slowly fading into the stars. Red swirls throughout everything else like Van Gogh employed himself a bringer of pretty vandalism in the sky. All the colors spill from the setting sun, cascading down over the horizon. 

The weeping willow silhouettes against the vivid sunset as stars bloom like the wildflowers inside the growing black. Everything is powerful and lovely. 

That's why I write about you in the willow. 

• Nadia Kotova

ARS7: Thank you! I was particularly proud of that line ;). I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to give my age out in the internet. But I will say while I'm not an adult, I'm not really a child either.
    Foxmillionaire!: Mine too! Thank you!

• -Foxmillionaire-

Weeping Willows are my favorite trees. Love this!

• AbigailSauble

Excellent descriptions! Well, vivid, more like. ;) 'The weeping willow silhouettes against the vivid sunset as stars bloom like the wildflowers inside the growing black.' Such a powerful description!
    How old are you? :)
    Keep up the great work!
    God bless!

• Nadia Kotova

Aww thank you! I play around with this character and her sunset a lot. She's great for poetry.

• Lee Fudge

I couldn't come up with anything like this, nice work!