Cupo

Grace Mary Potts

My life is comprised of inconsistencies, daydreaming, procrastination techniques and occasionally, writing.

“You wrote down that you were a writer by profession. It sounded to me like the loveliest euphemism I had ever heard. When was writing ever your profession? It's never been anything but your religion." - J.D. Salinger

I would like to say this quote describes me but I'm one of those writers who just procrastinates all the time. More of a "writer" if I'm being honest. To those unfortunate enough to read my work: I very much appreciate any comment you can provide, particularly if it's the constructive kind.

Broken Not To

1
Writing is... Definition. It enables me to illustrate how I see the world. The quiet moments, the beats between the silences - a memory of a time when the air was golden, ringing with chatter and laughter and tainted by the stark stench of cigarette smoke, curling in steady streams from the tips of cigarettes held loosely in slack fingers. It allows for those instances, those quiet perfections that are there and gone as the instant passes, to be shared. I write because I see beautiful things and feel it would be cruel not to have others see them too. I write because the beauty and power of words enraptures me. Because I have a million and one ideas filling up the space in my mind like a bowl filling with too much water - because writing is the only way to release them from their confines to receive some sort of satisfaction. I write because I need to for the sake of staying sane.

I write because I would be broken not to.

• September 13, 2015 - 5:54am (Now Viewing)