Binary code icon 2

Glytch Montoya

I've been writing short stories and poems independently for a while now. In fact, whenever I get the chance, I work on my short stories, for which I use the word "short" VERY loosely. I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions!

Yes, you read that correctly. 31.25 wishes, courtesy of yours truly.

Thirty-One and a Quarter Wishes

You want to know what I want? What I wish?
...
Really? Okay, well, here you go!
  1. I wish that people would stop using "nerd" and "geek" as insults. There is nothing insulting about that! 
  2. I wish that people knew the difference between "nerd," "geek," and "dork." They have three different definitions! Even the INTERNET gets that wrong! (It's all a matter of perspective, really...) 
  3. I wish that people would try something before they mark it down as "nerdy" or "for babies" or "gay." Don't judge a book by EITHER COVER, don't judge a movie by the picture on the case, don't judge a video game by how poorly it is advertised, and DEFINITELY do not judge ANYTHING by what OTHER PEOPLE say about it. (I'm talkin' to you, Ian!) 
  4. I wish people would stop being afraid of the wrong animals. (Size isn't always proportionate to kill intent. Sometimes, it's the opposite...) 
  5. I wish people would start being afraid of the right animals. 
  6. I wish it were easier for me to put on some weight. (To many people, that may seem insane, but if you're like me, freakishly underweight and skinny with a hyperactive metabolism, you'd want to gain weight, too! I'm basically a skeleton!) 
  7. I wish I were more popular, but in a good way that didn't compromise my integrity or my morals. I will NOT force myself to listen to rap music or get a tattoo or any of that other stuff so people will think that I'm "cool". 
  8. I wish that people wouldn't annoy others on purpose. I can think of WAAAAAAY too many times when someone has said or done something that really irritated me, and they were doing it specifically because it really irritated me. (You know who you are!) 
  9. I wish I knew whether or not people actually cared about what I have to say. I always find myself wondering if they're listening because they value my opinion, or because they don't want to hurt my feelings, or if they're even listening at all! 
  10. I wish people would stop hiding things from me, especially if it actually has something to do with me. If I ask about something like this (if I'm being serious about it at the moment), I want a straight answer. 
  11. I wish more people would read the stuff that I write. (Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all of you people that do read what I write. I'm just saying I wish more people would read it, too.) 
  12. I wish that I didn't have such a hard time focusing. 
  13. I wish I had more friends. REAL friends. Not people who say "oh, yeah, sure, we're friends." People who actually CARE. Who try to actually BE a friend. (I have so few of those. Most of my "friends" are really just acquaintances, and I'm worried that I might have a few enemies...) 
  14. I wish I didn't get so anxious and paranoid when I'm alone. 
  15. I wish I wasn't so freaked out by darkness. (The horror genre has ruined darkness for me. It doesn't help that I live RIGHT NEXT TO THE WOODS). 
  16. I wish I didn't have so much homework all the time. (I'm typing this at 1:15am, and I just finished my homework FIVE FREAKING MINUTES AGO). 
  17. I wish I had more free time so I could write more. (I'm working on about 9 different stories, and I've barely had time to work on ONE of them!) 
  18. I wish I knew how to dance. (Not any of the more recent "dance" moves. I don't need to know how to act like I'm sneezing, or how to move my... Uh, "seat". I'm a skeleton with standards!) Waltz, samba, tango, slow-dancing, break-dancing, any of that! 
  19. I wish I had a composer program so I could work on musical arrangements. (Yes, I'm also a musician. Violin, piano, and, once my voice decides to settle on a decent range, singing). Do you know how hard it is to arrange, by hand, the numerous parts of a rearrangement of a song like "MEGALOVANIA"? I do, because I'm trying to do that! (I also wrote some lyrics for it!) 
  20. I wish I didn't feel so awkward around people. (That's a thing with me. I'm either a human-shaped ball of energy that will not stop talking, or a shy guy that will always look down and is practically mute.) 
  21. I wish I was better at talking to people. (I mean, around close friends and through a screen, I'm totally fine. But, in person, with someone who isn't quite as close... You'd need seven pickaxes to break the ice). 
  22. I wish there were more people who shared my taste in music. (This may sound strange, but most of the music that I listen to is either from a video game or based on a video game. Video game composers don't mess around! You know, unless that's what they're supposed to do). Most of my peers (including my older brother) just listen to rap "music" and/or country music. 
  23. I wish there were more rap songs with good lyrics. I mean, c'mon! All they can talk about is money, sex, drugs, and rape?! I THINK NOT!!! If I wanted to, I could write a rap about how horrible modern rap is! (In fact, I think I'll do that!) 
  24. I wish I had my own YouTube channel (and the time to use it). (I do intend to get a YouTube channel at some time in the future, so if you see me on YouTube, remember this!) 
  25. I wish people would stop being jerks. 
  26. I wish this list wasn't so long. 
  27. I wish I were better at reading social cues. (It's awkward having to ask if I'm annoying or boring them). 
  28. I wish I were better at reading people's emotions. (Although, I should probably also get better at checking my own...) 
  29. I wish people would make an effort to get to know me before labeling me as "weird." (Granted, I don't find "weird" to be an insult, but that's because I use a different definition). I'm really a nice guy once you get to know me... 
  30. I wish I were better at talking to girls. It's just... Difficult. (I'm even bad at talking about talking to girls!). 
  31. I wish people would understand me, accept me for who I am, and make me feel welcome...
  32. I wish... 
I'm finishing writing this at 2am. This is ridiculous. Wish #16 is gonna be the death of me if it doesn't come true! 

1

• Darth Plagueis The Wise66

Dang!! Its like you read my mind!! Me too. Especially the talking to girls part. I am one of the most talkative people I know, when I try to talk to a girl I like, for instance, asking them to Homecoming or Prom, I CANNOT SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kaitlyn ❄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYklJPWSywE
    Or this

• Kaitlyn ❄

#23: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiSLmhqoxN0
    Try that song.

• -Foxmillionaire-

K thanks

• Glytch Montoya

Uuuuuh, you'll have to look on the Undertale website to get a good answer for that one.

• -Foxmillionaire-

Heh, nice, I listened to a ton of zelda music before I actually started playing the game too. I'll totally check out the soundtrack but what console is the game for?

• Glytch Montoya

It's a "critically acclaimed" (whatever that means) RPG/bullet heck/semi-platformer/(who knows how many it could fall under, but it is mainly an RPG) that was released on September 15, 2015, by an indie developer/composer named Toby "Radiation" Fox.

...Full disclosure: I've technically never played it, but thanks to YouTube, the Undertale Wiki, and TV Tropes, I am full of ideas, theories, and spoilers for the game. Therefore, I cannot say anything else about the game, other than this: I'd recommend that you play it.

...Also, I'm listening to the soundtrack as I type THIS, too!

• -Foxmillionaire-

Undertale

• Glytch Montoya

Which what is what?

• -Foxmillionaire-

Which one is that again?

• Glytch Montoya

Undertale, hands down. (Don't judge, but I'm actually listening to it right now.)

• -Foxmillionaire-

I like most Fire Emblem music, Donkey Kong, Smash Bros and of course Legend of Zelda. (Can't choose) You?

• Glytch Montoya

YAY! SOMEONE SHARES MY TASTE IN MUSIC!!! TWENTY-TWO CAME TRUE A LITTLE BIT!

...Ahem. Sorry about that. Anyway, I agree with your definition of nerd for the most part. Although, in my opinion, the first part of your definition seems to overlap with geek a little bit...
    Of course, I'm both, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

Sooooooo, what's the best video game soundtrack you've ever heard?

• -Foxmillionaire-

Yes! Videogame sound track is awesome! Also Nerd means comicbook/videogame lover or a smart school obsessed kid in my mind. I don't know if that's true tho....

• Kaitlyn ❄

I'm bad at talking to boys.

• Glytch Montoya

I guess I'll listen to dubstep, orchestral, and somewhere in between? (Wait... I just described a lot of video game soundtracks!)

Noteflight, huh? That may be very helpful! I'll check it out. Thanks!

• Kahasai

What of sort of music do you play and listen to? Other than video game soundtracks (they do write good, engaging songs).

Last thing: there is a free music site called noteflight that is fairly basic, but is great for composing. It's just hard to use unless you're on a computer. There is a premium version that has more features, but you know, it costs.

Hope this helps.

• Starborne Scrolls

I can totally relate to pretty much everything on here... (except I'm a girl, XD so I guess kinda switch it around)

To be honest, I especially wish I had more REAL friends, too. Although my sister pretty much is my best friend, I would like some I'm NOT related to :P
    It's great to know there's more like me

• Lee Fudge

I agree with you on all your music wishes. There are so many animes that have such beautiful music, but there's no way for me to actually talk about, since no Watches anime in my area.

Hope you do make a YouTube channel, I have one, but haven't put anything on it.

• f l o r a

There is a solution for wish #23
    It's a musical called Hamilton
    You're welcome:)