Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

The Warning

0
The sky had white billowing clouds obscuring most of its summery blue face. The grass was dry and dandelions littered the lawn like unwanted guests. Queen Anne's Lace added to the drab colors of late summer, and the trees had begun to turn different colors. I had been at a neighbor's house, helping her move out of her home to a smaller apartment in town, which is why I was driving up my driveway on my bike.
   Immediately, I rode behind the house to the handmade wooden swing hanging from the great Elm tree. I always swung on it when I wanted to relax. But a strange sight stopped me in my tracks.
   A flickering image of a young girl was already seated on the swing, slowly moving back and forth, her laced-up boots barely trailing on the ground. The tree made creaking sounds, so I knew that the swing was actually in motion, but perhaps it was simply the wind rocking it. Blinking to clear my vision, I stayed where I was, my bike at my feet, and debated whether to head back the way I had come, or walk up to the swing.
   As I argued with myself, the girl turned to look at me. I gasped at the unmistakable chilly breeze I felt when I looked into her gray eyes. The figure was very pretty, but her eyes held something far too sorrowful for me to understand. This can't be real. Deep down, though, I knew it was. What had this girl - this apparition - experienced to make her so sad? I forgot everything else but those sad, sad eyes. 
"I wish I could help you." I whispered.
   "It's too late." Her voice startled me. I hadn't expected her to answer.
   "I made my decision, and now I must face my eternal punishment." She gazed off into the distance.
I remembered something about eternal punishment from Sunday School. It was for those who had not decided to follow Jesus with their hearts. 
"I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say.
   She turned to me again. "Repent."
   And as suddenly as I had first seen her, she disappeared. I blinked twice, but only saw the empty swing rocking back and forth in the late morning breeze. 

I want to thank Amyy for reviewing this piece and giving me great advice! :)

1