just.dreaming

Please tell me what you think, as well as give me your point of view of what you thought of the eclipse (If you viewed it)!

Once in a Lifetime

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

2
They told me it would be amazing. But whatever I'd been told could never compare to when I saw it myself. I was at school, and we had been preparing for it all day. They took us outside, and gave us glasses. Even before the moon fully passed over the sun, I was amazed. I had never seen the sun like that before. The seconds slowly ticked away, and the sliver of sun shrunk more and more, until the sky through my glasses went black. But taking off the glasses, however, revealed a sight ten times better than before. The sun shone around the moon, leaving a flashing ring. The sky reflected a sunset in all directions, showing a beautiful hazy orange tone. 
    This was a natural phenomenon I might only get to see once. But it was a truly amazing, once in a lifetime, experience. 
This was about the total solar eclipse that passed through my state on August 21st. I wrote this the day of the eclipse, and I hope everyone else who viewed it enjoyed it as much as I did!

• August 21, 2017 - 8:27pm (Now Viewing)