ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

California beach sunsets are pretty amazing. 5/5 stars. Would highly recommend.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Paint

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

1
    Color dribbles into the sky. Slowly at first, a few drops here and there, but then it comes in a torrent as the sun races to meet the horizon. Pinks, yellows, streaks of purple and red are all painted sloppily across the sky, glowing, dripping a bit and running into each other. The clouds, wherever they reside in the sky, get a pink coat, and remain as little highlighted spots in the air.
    The color starts to bleed into the sea, the waves glowing as they crash into the shore. It almost seems unnatural. Small specks of dark blue ripple in motion, reassuring that the ocean is still under there, under the paint that God spilled across the surface. The sun floats precariously on the horizon. It stays there, watching its masterpiece.
    The sand is grainy, the water is cold, and the sea spray leaves a sticky coating on everything it touches. Seagulls, each monotonous yet strangely unique, call for each other, their cries echoing down the beach. The ones in the sky are but silhouettes, small but necessary details.
    And then the sun is gone, and the show is over.

• August 20, 2017 - 6:40pm (Now Viewing)

• sophism

Beautifully written :).