Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Morning Had Come

PROMPT: Slow Seeing

1
I couldn't sleep. My dreams were constantly bothered by trying to remember what it was like to see. Grasping the banister, I drowsily stumbled down the stairs, praying my parents wouldn't hear me and send me back to bed. The air was musty inside, from being closed up all winter, but outside I was free to breathe! Quickening my pace, I felt my way around the doorway at the base of the stairs, and set my hand to the wall. Ten paces, a pillar five feet to my left, rocking chair just beyond, go straight five paces, right four. 
   In triumph, I felt the cold metal of the doorknob, sending thrilling jolts through me. As quietly as I could, I turned the knob, and pulled it open. I didn't know what time it was, but I had to get outside. It didn't matter if it was midnight, any time was complete darkness. I slid my hand on the window sill in the mudroom, feeling my way to the front door. The cool inlaid stones felt good to my bare feet. I stepped back slightly as I opened the door. Fresh, freezing air blasted me, nearly taking my breath away. I couldn't turn back now, but I wished I had brought my coat out with me. 
   I walked fifteen paces across the driveway until I felt a low stone wall, which surrounded a flower and small vegetable garden. I made sure nothing was obstructing my way, then sat down. I sighed, much better. Then I heard it. A bird began singing a morning song. More and more woke up, and did the same. Hugging my arms around me, I smiled. I heard the American flag flapping in the chilly breeze behind me, felt the frosty, wet lavender stalks poking my left arm, and breathed the freezing February air. I felt alive! For maybe the first time since my accident. 
   Then warmth shone on the side of my head. I turned my face to the source, and knew that the sun was rising. Digging into my memory, I vaguely remember what it looked like. Golden in the morning, white in the afternoon, golden in the evening. I imagined what the sunrise looked like. My older sister always described pictures for me, so I drew from those. More warmth flowed through me, down to the tip of my toes. More birds sang, the breeze settled down, the distinct low sound of a Mourning Dove came from my right. 
   A neighbor's rooster crowed, our dog barked from his kennel. I could feel the sun rise higher, illuminating me. Morning had finally come. 

• August 20, 2017 - 9:23am (Now Viewing)