ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

The true story of my first attempt at making cookies.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

You don't really know what went wrong. You look between the pristine picture on the recipe and the bubbling pan of goop now sitting on your stove. Too hot to touch, it doesn't even look edible, let alone the 'cookies that will have coworkers and family alike singing your praises'. You lean back against the kitchen counter before realizing that it, like everything else, is covered with flour.
    Sighing, you halfheartedly dust off your behind and look at the disaster you created. Multiple bowls still sticky with cookie dough, a half empty bag of chocolate chips, and other various flour-covered ingredients are scattered across the kitchen, no surface left untouched. You contemplate cleaning up for a few seconds, then decide that it looks like a tomorrow problem.
    You start putting the ingredients away, eggs and butter in the fridge, sugar and baking soda in the cabinet above the sink. Your attention lands on the flour, slouching alone on the counter. Groaning, you read the lettering on the bag.

'Powdered Sugar​'.

1

I can relate to this--- one time I made cookies with my family, and it all morphed into one enormous blob in the oven, which would've been great, except they also tasted horrible. Great work!