Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Resolve

0
I continued chasing my foe through the lengthy caverns. Down a stone stairwell, across an expansive hall. Diamonds twinkled in the rock ceiling above. Around every corner I saw a flash of red from Tana's cloak. Never nearer, but never further away. Determination surged through me, I pressed my legs to run faster. I gripped the black laser gun more firmly in my gloved hand. Tana had killed everyone important to me. Saska, Mitvawe, Auney. My friends. I thought of their still bodies lying on the hard ground. Black hatred clouded my vision. 
   Vahna, don't do anything out of vengeance. My mother's last words came to my mind. I tried pushing them away to focus on running faster. But they wouldn't leave me alone. Vengeance is not yours to pay. Give it to the LORD. What had the LORD done for me? Another red glimmer ahead. Faster, faster, faster. My lungs hurt from lack of deep breaths. I wouldn't be able to last much longer. I entered another large room. Tana twenty feet ahead of me, quickly running to the next exit. 
   "Tana!" I screamed. My hand steadied, and I pulled the trigger. A bolt of blue shot straight through Tana to the opposite wall. She stood there for a moment, and then crashed to her knees on the smooth earth. Her own laser gun fell from her hand. I raced over, my heart suddenly lost its resolve. 
   "I'm sorry, mother. I'm not as strong as you." I closed my eyes, and cradled my enemy's head against my shoulder. Tana's dark eyes went out like a candle flame being distinguished. "No." I rocked my fallen foe back and forth. 
   Tana had once been my friend. We played together as children. Why had we ever split apart? 
Revenge. 
   Our two families had suddenly been at odds with each other. Tana's family ran from the law after her father killed a fellow worker. Hatred became familiar; Friendship, nonexistent. The bomb had been set in my home, and while I was gone, it blew. I returned to find my mother gasping for breath, choking on blood. She grasped for my hand, and told me to not seek revenge. I wouldn't listen to her. After the funeral, and a month of mourning, I sought vengeance. 
   This is where my hardened heart had led me. The death of all my friends and family. My sobs filled the cavern. 
Seek forgiveness. 
   I found my new resolve.