Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

A Silent Intruder

2
The west darkened as light fled from the sky. Shadows lengthened until they smothered the hills, meadows, forests with their groping arms. Stars glittered; the moon claimed lordship over the deepening night. Trees began muttering with each other, sharing tales and complaining about the growing population of squirrels and rabbits scampering among their branches and roots. Abruptly, all was silent. Not a leaf rustled, nor did a deer twitch its ear. 
   Soft, lonely footsteps. All the forest held its breath and listened. Quiet, tired panting. The cloaked figure seemed to notice the intense hush of the woods; and stalled his movement. Slowly the nighttime sounds began again. The silent intruder sighed a deep sense of relief, and continued on his way. 
   The night continued as it always did. Squirrels, tails curled around their plump bodies, sleeping peacefully in their holes. Badgers romping through the underbrush. A solitary wolf lapped at the chuckling stream, eyes alert. The figure disappeared into the shadows. 
   A haunting howl rose up to the pale moon. 

1

• AbigailSauble

So glad you enjoyed it. :)
    God bless!

• Aravis Tarkheena

This is deliciously descriptive. I felt like I was there in the middle of it.