BlueWriter

Joined June 18th, 2017
Youtube & Netflix? Yes.
Biggest foodie to walk earth <3
Take your time with living :)

PLOT TWIST!!
Love you guys, cant wait to read your comments, and to continue the story!!!
:) :) :) :)

The Shadows Speak Again (Clarisse's Story, Par-6)

4
     As you know, my name is Clarisse La Rue. I am a demigod, who happily attends Camp Half Blood. have had a weird few months so far, but they honestly keep getting better. I wish it didn't have to end. I wish I didn't have this feeling inside of me that was at least a little scared for what my future might possibly hold. But, so far everything has been perfect! I just had a surprise birthday party, I just got my mom back, and I have been chosen for a lot of exciting quests! Nothing could get better than this right? ...Right?
   I walked around the camp with my best friend, Jake, as he was explaining to me how smart he was, and what's been going on his life.
​"So, let me get this straight," I said smirking in the daylight, "You disobeyed your fathers orders, snuck into the math tournament, and ​won?!"
He sighed, feeling guilty.
​"Unfortunatly. I mean, winning is good, yeah? I feel so good about beating that brat, ​Cindy Kipper."
I smiled over at him.
​"I know you feel bad about not following what your father told you to do, and that must suck. But focus on the bigger picture here Jake! You WON that math tournament. I'm really proud to be best buddy's with someone who showed that dumb old Cindy Kipper who's the real boss."
​Jake smiled over at her, raising an eyebrow.
​"Wow...thanks Clarisse. That was actually the nicest thing that you've ever said to-"
​She held up a hand, stopped him. Jake sighed.
​"And its gone.." he said, still smiling.
She chuckled, and they continued to walk through the heat of the afternoon. Once they reached the lake, Clarisse and Jake parted ways. Clarisse waved Jake goodbye, and turned around, to see her boyfriend Ryker motioning her over. She smiled, running over to him.
​     Ryker smiled at her scooping her into a huge hug. She laughed as he slowly set her down in the grass.
​"So, what do you have planned today, Ryker?" she asked, smiling.
​He smiled down at her ruffling her hair.
​"Well, I thought maybe we could kick back here in the sun, relaxing at my picnic, then maybe we could go have dinner tonight?"
​She hugged him.
​He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her, sending calm vibes through Clarisse.
​"What's this for?" he asked.
​She smiled up at him. "Everything."
​     That whole afternoon, Clarisse and Ryker relaxed, eating their picnic, then splashing around in the water a little. A few hours went by, before they got out, to get ready for their night in the town.
​"I'll see you tonight?" she asked, drying off.
​He nodded. "Always."
​   Clarisse went back to her cabin, and got ready for the night. Her heart told her to wear something nice, but that's just the thing. Clarisse didn't really own anything 'nice'. So, she went to someone she could trust would help her.
​  She knocked on the Athena cabin door, and as expected, Annabeth answered it.
​"Hey Annabeth! Could I ask you to do a quick favor for me?"
Annabeth sighed.
​"Clarisse, for the last time. ​I am NOT helping you hide someone's dead body!"
Clarisse forced a smile.
​"That was a time ago, and you know it!" she said, running a hair through her hair "Look. I have a date tonight, and I need something what you people called 'nice' to wear tonight. Your the only one I could turn to. So...will you help me?"
​Annabeth must've been holding her breath, because she breathed out when Clarisse finished talking.
​"Y-yeah! S-sure."
​   Annabeth pulled Clarisse into the Athena cabin, smirking.
​"I have just the thing."
​"Hey! No touchy!" Clarisse whined.
​   At least 30 minutes went by, before Clarisse returned outside. Annabeth had put her into a black dress, that had sequins lined across the top half. Her heels had little black roses on the sides. She pulled her hair to the side, held by a golden clip they Annabeth bought from and Aphrodite girl a while back. Clarisse's eyes sparkled in the moonlight. Her hair glistening. Her teeth shining. Her small, pearl earing dangling on her ears, making all the heads turn in the camp. In the distance, Leo handed Nico 12 dollars. Clarisse blushed, but continued down the Athena cabin stairs, on her mission to find the love of her life.
​    Clarisse went up to the Nyx cabin, and knocked twice. No answer. ​Hmm....maybe he's waiting by the lake. ​Clarisse did as her thoughts were telling her, and inched closer and closer to the lake. She reached the top of the hill, the lake shimmering in the moonlight below her. Indeed, Ryker was there, in his tux, his hair glimmering. But...there was someone else there. Another figure was currently being held in his arms. Clarisse still held her head high, walking a little further down the hill. When she was close enough, she saw what she could of never thought she would see. Ryker was kissing a girl in his arms. Clarisse dropped her rose, her eyes still staring at them. Her heart began to beat faster and faster, harder and harder. Clarisse was at a loss for breath, and words.
She just stood there, her heart breaking slowly. Finally, Ryker pulled away, smiling into the girls eyes. Clarisse heard every single 'I love you' and 'You were always mine'. But she didn't wait to hear anymore. Her forgotten emotions just wanted to be yelled out at Ryker. Instead, she turned around, and walked up the hill. She stormed into the Ares cabin, shutting the door quietly behind her. She kicked off her hills, throwing them at the wall. She tore the gold hairpin from her hair, dropping it onto the floor. She stared at the floor for a second, before realizing something. Sherman was staring at her.
​   She turned away from him, as he stared sadly. Obviously, you'd expect an Ares child to be rude, mean, and just make fun of you at this point. Clarisse didn't know Sherman was going to sit next to her, holding her close to his chest.
​"I'm sorry sis. I-I really am..."
​Clarisse couldn't help it anymore. She started to cry a little at first, before soon enough, she found herself sobbing on her older brother. All that she had been through...was it all a lie? Did Ryker ever truly love her? Or was this all some sort of a 'gotcha!' prank? Her heart had never been broken like this before...she didn't even know what to do. But so far, she knew her brother was the only support she could ever have. He hadn't ever done anything like this before....why start now? Why was this so important to Sherman, that he just had to comfort her sister when her heart was crumbling slowly, and painfully? Whatever the reason, Clarisse didn't fight the option of hugging him back. She cried on his chest for a while, and when she wasn't crying, she just sat their with him, recapping everything that had just happened. Ryker was a entirely different person...how could Clarisse ever face him again, without remembering what she'd witnessed?
​    After a few hours, Clarisse fell asleep. Sherman kissed her head, before covering her up, and letting himself get some rest for whatever the next day will hold.
​     Clarisse woke up, her brother Sherman already at training practice.
​"Did that really just happen?" she asked the empty cabin.
​When no one answered, she got up, and dressed for training, dreading facing you-know-who. She got her sword packed in her small training equipment bag, and continued out the door. She met up with Jake, as they sat together in silence, listening to the trainers swords clash together. Jake sighed, and turned to her.
​"Okay, what's wrong?" he asked.
​She shifted on her spot at the bench.
​"I don't know what your talking about."
​Jake rolled his eyes, looking at her.
​"Well, you haven't said a single word ​to me after you got here, which is VERY odd for you, buddy."
​Clarisse sighed, then looked at him.
​"Ryker's cheating on me."
​Jake's expression changed, placing a hand on her leg, trying to comfort her. She shook her head, staring at the battler's in the distance.
​"Don't bother trying to make me feel better, Jake. I just wish Ryker would leave my life."
​Jake grinned.
Clarisse glanced at him, almost smiling at him. "What the Hades are you smirking about now, Mr. Math Geek?"
​Jake shrugged.
​"I know how to cheer you up."
​Clarisse studied him thoughtfully.
​"Jake, you don't have to-"
​Before she could finish, Jake stood up, dragging her with him.
​"Jake! What about practice?"
​Jake chuckled, but just kept running.
​   Clarisse couldn't help but to smile as they ran together, finally stopping underneath a tree. But then, Clarisse got a good look at the tree. It was the tree Jake and Clarisse used to hang out at when they were just little kids. Clarisse smiled at the tree, running a hand down its smooth bark.
"Old Maple..."
​Jake smiled.
​"I thought you'd like it. I come up here every once in a while, sometimes to study, but also to be reminded of all the good times I've had with you."
​Clarisse smiled at him, before taking a seat, leaning up against the tree with Jake.
​    The tree was planted really close to the strawberry orchards, filling the air with the sweet scent of the ripened berries. The sun was right above the tree, covering Clarisse and Jake with shadows, and sunlight at the same time. The breeze was calm, blowing Clarisse's hair onto the wind, almost like it was dancing with the wind at a ball. Jake dug in his bag, pulling out two apples. He offered Clarisse one, and she took it with a smile. She and Jake watched all of the campers below them running around, and having fun. Some training, some just hanging around, and some like Percy Jackson, trying to impress their girlfriends, then failing miserably. She smiled as the wind hit her face. After some time of peace and quiet, Jake sat up, looking at her. She looked at him, with a smile.
"What?"
He shrugged.
​"I'm just still trying to figure out why a dumb guy like Ryker would leave a cool gal like you."
​Clarisse blushed, tucking hair behind her ear.
​"Your guess is as good as mine." she said, taking another bite of her apple.
​Jake sighed, staring into space.
​"Do you ever wonder if, 'the one' is out there waiting for you? Maybe their closer than you think."
​Clarisse looked at him.
​"Maybe. But they sure do a good job at hiding themselves in plain sight, if that's the case."
​Jake nodded, smiling. He scooted closer to her.
​"So...how are you doing? I mean, like, away from all this Ryker nonsense."
​Clarisse sighed.
​"Well, I've been getting better at training, and we have that battle next week, so that's something to look forward to."
Jake chuckled. Clarisse looked at him with a smirk.
​"What?"
​He laughed, shaking his head.
​"You and your battles."
​Clarisse laughed, watching the afternoon slowly pass by, as she enjoyed her time hanging out with Jake. An hour later, Clarisse stood up.
​"Well, I better go talk to Ryker before its to late."
​Jake sighed, smiling. He stood up, slinging his bag onto his shoulder.
​"Yeah, okay. I better go study. Those tests aren't going to ace themselves."
​Clarisse smiled, and hugged him.
​Blushing, Jake wrapped her arms around her, smiling.
​She pulled away, and waved as she walked her way down the hill.
​"Hey!" he called out after her.
​Clarisse turned around, facing him on the hill.
"Yeah?" she asked.
​"Um...I just wanted to let you know, that...I-I am always gunna be here. Waiting for you, when you need help."
​Clarisse nodded, smiling. "I'll keep that in mind."
​After she left, Jake sighed, watching her leave.
​"Be safe, Clarisse." he said to himself, his smile fading, as he slowly became sadder once she left his side.
​    Clarisse arrived at the riverbank, where she texted Ryker to meet her. She found him sitting on a rock waiting.
"Hey Ryker."
​Ryker looked up, and smiled at her, pulling her into a hug.
​She pushed him away, staring into his eyes.
​"Don't play dumb, Ryker. I saw you with that girl last night."
​Ryker's expression was unreadable, as he scratched the back of his head.  
​"Hehe...yeah. About that. Look, Babe, its not what you think-"
​"Shut up!" she yelled.
​Ryker shut his mouth, backing up a little.
​"W-what?" he asked quietly.
"Do you know the pain that you've caused me?! I don't want your dumb excuses!"
​Ryker teared up, folding his arms.
​"Clarisse, you know...I didn't ever really, really love you. And...I'm sorry."
​Clarisse stiffened as he brushed past her, walking away into the camp.
​   Clarisse forced herself not to cry. Before she could ever think of moving, someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around, to see Jake, holding out his hand.
​"Come on. Let's go, Clarisse."
​Clarisse took his hand, as they went to the dock by the lake. They sat side by side, letting their feet dangle over the water, the moon rising slowly behind the hills of strawberries.
​"Jake, why are we at the docks? Its nightfall."
Jake smiled at her, a twinkle in each of their eyes.
​"Just watch."
​Clarisse watched for anything. For a moment, nothing happened. But then, she heard a whistling sound. Soon, the sky was being filled of different colored fireworks. Amazed, she looked at Jake for an explanation.
​"Happy fourth of July, Clarisse."
​She smiled at him, laying her head on his shoulder.
​"Your the best, Jake."
​Jake grinned, leaning against her, in the light of the fireworks.
​   On the top of the hill, Ryker stood, crying silently, staring at the shadows.
​"I hope your happy mother. Is ruining my life, really going to bring you great satisfaction?"
​The shadows chuckled.
​"Oh, you NEVER learn, do you Ryker? Soon, I will have everything I want. Your misery to grow, and Clarisse's life gone.
​Ryker wiped his eyes. When he opened them again, the shadows were gone. He looked back at Clarisse with a heartfelt look on his face.
​​"Not if I can do anything about it."

• August 12, 2017 - 7:56pm (Now Viewing)

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• CreativeAngel

PLOT TWIST

• RedWriter

UNEXPECTED

• BlueWriter

Thanks Guys :)

Halfway down I was about to comment that you were doing a lame twist, but the ending made that right again. Keep going and keep surprising us.

• AbigailSauble

Hm . . . okay . . . well for one thing, I am SUPER lost! I don't think I've read the previous 5 chapters. :P I mean, I've read the Percy Jackson series, but . . . wow . . . okay. ;) Well, guess I'd better catch up on some reading!
    Keep up the good work!
    God bless!

• BlueWriter

:) Thanks! And well...um, sorry.. lol

• Kaitlyn ❄

OH. This is so sad. I am heartbroken over and over throughout this. I cannot wait for the next chapter. What a crazy plot twist!