lilytw

Milk and Kittens

You told me it wouldn't work because I am milk and kittens. Because I am strawberry bubblegum breath and tea, not coffee. That's a lie. It's because I'm afraid of merging onto the interstate at rush hour. Because it's not funny to me when your parents call cigarettes dinner, their elbows splayed on that stupid, red checkered tablecloth, that stupid, picnic tablecloth. Because I cringe when they hoist your brother up like a sack of potatoes, his fat, baby head unsupported. It's because I didn't smile when his white eyes rolled like marbles into the back of his skull. 

• lilytw

Glytch, thank you so much! I always appreciate constructive criticism. I can see how the ending might be abrupt/awkward and when I revise I'll definitely consider rewording/ rewriting it. Anyway, thanks so much for the feedback:)

• Glytch Montoya

This was a really good piece. (Not a fan of that last sentence, but that's just me. I still think it was well written).

• lilytw

@Deji I'm not exactly sure on how to reply to a comment, haha. But thank you so much, this comment made me so happy:) I agree that this title is pretty darn mediocre, it's for sure a working title! Glad you took a chance on me and read it!

• Deji

Look, I almost didn't read this. I wasn't prepared for some overdone "Oh, my poor heart" piece. I was so wrong, and I'm glad. It's a lovely piece of writing and the title (forgive me) doesn't even begin to do it justice!