Kaitlyn ❄

Seventeen
College student
ENFP/ENTP
I love farming
Luv my bestie Hadley

When You Chose the Wrong Path

You reach out to touch the cold rotten wood. As you push the door, it opens but silently. You frown as you inspect the rusty hinges that don't dare squeak in such hideous gloom. The soft floor bends under your steps but you walk on. There is something about this haunted house that draws you into it's depths. Something that pulls your soul away from the door you should've ran out of at the first glance. Up in the rafters mice scurry. One slips right over your head and you scream. Yet you still press on, daring to reach the unknown. All of the sudden, the floor caves and your left foot treacherously sinks. Unfortunately, you are on the second floor and as your weight abruptly hits the wood, it splits and your whole body falls. The pain does not slow you. You stand and climb back up those creaking swaying stairs that threaten to throw you off. They don't, almost as if you are chosen. With this possibility in mind you continue to step forward as this strange force wills you toward some mysterious secret. You realize your wrist is bleeding rather fast but you don't care. You know that something better is waiting for you - that will heal your sorrowing soul. You've gone through much in life, this is just a hold up. Something has been waiting for you all along. You sense it getting closer. Your adrenaline speeds up and you get that tingly feeling in your body - that feeling you get when you are close to your dreams. All of the sudden, you can't breathe. You are too excited. But who needs to breathe - especially when your fate is waiting. Years and years it's waited. For the perfect time to tell you where to go and you are brainwashed into believing it. No, you were not brainwashed. This decision was made entirely by your choice. You chose to go here and you will. What is wrong? Why is the enthusiasm fading so frantically? Why do you want to turn so bad? This is your life, you cannot turn - you will not turn. Or will you? Your body is starting to lean slightly. But you see the door. The one you've braved so much for. Surely nothing that evil can be behind it. This is a dream. You are dreaming. You pinch yourself. Why is everything getting darker? Are you waking up? Surely you are waking. The door glows softly yet it is harsh and pierces your eyes. It hurts and you cannot look away. Surely this is not a dream. You are not so clever as to make something as far fetched as this up alone. Yes, something is waiting for you. Something good. Something that will change your life for the better. You are excited again. This is the best day of your life. You are an adventurer and you are not dreaming. You've always wanted to explore things and be brave. A loud noise echos eerily throughout the old rotten building. It hurts your ears and mice jump over your feet as a huge Great Horned Owl swoops into the area. You are not frightened. You do not feel anything. You step forward and press the door open. You proudly raise your head. You sudden feel scared. You turn to run but the door has seemingly shut itself and will not open. You turn slowly knowing that your fate was waiting here the whole time, just not in the way you expected. 
He turns. His face is dark and evil. He stares into you and you want to fall. You force yourself to stand and stare back. It hurts worse than anything has ever hurt before and you feel tears spilling over. He smiles. A smile of perfect evil of pleasure in your pain. "I've been waiting for you ever so long," he says pulling out a knife. "You've been ever so foolish."
"Why me?" you whisper.
"Because you are so foolish, you could've altered my plans."
"How?" you gasp. "Why would I come here?"
"You would not wish to know." He leaps forward. 

• Kaitlyn ❄

Thanks @CreativeAngel when I came back on I found that a lot of the people who were on two years ago were gone :'( So nice to see you here!

• CreativeAngel

I'm glad that I could find one of the older writers! I was beginning to lose hope. You made my day happier as i wasn't having a nice one either. Great to see you back on here :)

• Kaitlyn ❄

@CreativeAngel I totally remember you! Thank you so much... having a rough day but your comment made me so happy!

• CreativeAngel

Idk if you remember me but i ADORE your writing. I myself left for a few months and i've been trying to get back. So many writers have disappeared it's kind of sad.
    I see your writing is only improving. I love your style so please, keep writing. <3 :)

• Kaitlyn ❄

Thank you so much. I'm happy I'm back too!

• BlueWriter

I'm happy your back! Outstanding job on your writing piece here! I love it, and its calling me for more! :)