Peer Review by Riley Noel (United States)

Maggie Magnolia

By: casual.ties

Magnolia trees bloom in autumn,
and die the very next day. First they flower, but in a moment, all that's left are white petals on the ground. It's sinister, Maggie thought. Living, dying. That's supposed to take a lifetime.
Magnolia blossoms live and die forever. 
Maggie was named after that tree, but she couldn't remember ever been called Magnolia. Maggie, Magnolia. Living and dying forever. 
Magnolia's are difficult trees to climb. 
The first time Maggie climbed the tree to the top, she was 12 years old. It was also the last.
Magnolia branches are strong.
But not strong enough. 

I was interested in the way the story was written and when I saw the first sentence and wanted to read more to see how the writing progressed.

I think the whole story very beautifully utilizes the power of suggestion as the character is basically telling her own death story.

No, I think you open it very poetically and by the end, you have wrapped everything up and left just enough unsaid.

This is a very well written story that was very fun to read and the way you typed it using the different fonts made it very fun to read out loud as well. Awesome job!!

No additional comments.