Lone Warrior WWII

Hi! My name is Abby. Love to write historical fiction and fanfiction. I am a WW2 history buff and enjoy collecting items from that era. I have won 2 local library book contests both books were historical fiction about WW2 and Vietnam war. Romans 1:16

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.
If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of’.
Doesn’t matter what the press says. Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

A New Familiar

PROMPT: Returning

1
I don't know why I thought I could return. The familiar sound of cars whizzing by The smell of a hot dog vendors cart. All this was familiar yet distant. Painful memories of days gone by haunted me. I had been gone for ten years but it felt like a thousand. I stared up at the building that changed my life forever. It was FBI building in Washington D.C. I was now on the outside looking in. I had no life, no family, and no job. That's what the FBI did to me. I knew so many things I wished I didn't. For example, I knew the President was going to be assassinated. I couldn't stop it. I had known Russia was going to nukeIsrael. I couldn't stop it. That was all over know though. 
"Hey buddy, you want to move along" A security guard asked. I walked through the crowded city streets. I caught a train, my goal now was to disappear into the countryside. I wanted to leave everything I foolishly thought I could return to. I needed to start over. I needed a new normal. So that's why I came out to run a dairy farm in the rolling hills of  Virginia. My new familiar.

1