ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

Just something that's been floating around in my head for awhile.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Artists

3
We don't write for fame.
    We write to make ourselves known; to leave our mark. We write to stick our flag in the sand and let it dance in the wind.

​We don't write for glory.
    We write to glorify; the words, the language, the world around us and the people in it. We write because we notice things.

​We don't write to force our opinion.
​    We write to start a conversation; to talk about what nobody else wants to talk about. We write because we know that words have power.

​We don't write because others tell us we should.
    We write because we have stories in our bones, poems in our blood, songs that leak out of our fingertips. We write because we have no choice.

​We don't write for conquest.
    We write for the satisfaction of creating something that no one else can. We write because we are addicted to the high of an expertly arranged sentence.

​We write because we know how beautiful words can be.

​We write because we are artists.

• Secret Rose

As a musician and writer, I totally agree with what you say here! We artists do our job so that make this world a better place. So we can make people’s lives easier by taking their minds off their troubles for a while. Thanks for writing this! It means so much to me!

Good thoughts and good expression of them. We write because we have things worth writing and worth reading.