ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I wrote these almost two years ago, at the end of my 8th grade year. I came across them recently, and wanted to make them better. However, because they are actually memories of mine, revising them was almost impossible. I know that the writing is very unpolished, and I would be grateful for any input you have to offer. Putting it plainly, I am asking for your help.
Thank you!

A Memory - 9 of 10

0
    Dominik, Ally, and Grace were all walking to Starbucks. It was a warm spring day, and Ally and Dominik were enjoying the nice weather. Grace, a good ten feet in front of them, was less happy.
    “Guyyyys,” she groaned, “hurry up. We’re not going to get a table if you guys walk so slow.”
    “We are going at a perfectly normal pace,” Ally said. “You are just a ridiculously fast walker.”
    “What are you talking about? This is perfectly fine.”
    Dominik laughed. “No, it’s not. Slow down. Enjoy the breeze. Have a conversation with your friends without acting like a freaking drill sergeant.”
    Grace’s friends were all taller than her. So tall, in fact, that she usually had to keep her short little legs going twice as fast to simply keep up. She knew this, but would never willingly admit to being wrong, so instead she just shook her head, said, “you’ll thank me later,” and continued at her normal pace. She could hear her friends laughing at her as her backpack bounced up and down in response to her exaggerated steps. Ten minutes later, though, when the pair stepped through the door of the crowded café and Grace was sitting at a corner table with two extra chairs, they apologized for taking so long.

• July 31, 2017 - 12:58am (Now Viewing)