Dsc04727 %282%29

ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I wrote these almost two years ago, at the end of my 8th grade year. I came across them recently, and wanted to make them better. However, because they are actually memories of mine, revising them was almost impossible. I know that the writing is very unpolished, and I would be grateful for any input you have to offer. Putting it plainly, I am asking for your help.
Thank you!

A Memory - 6 of 10

1
    Grace was short. She constantly tried to make up for it with sarcasm and an underlying, intimidating demeanor, but everyone knew that to get to her, all you needed to do was mention her height. And it was Claire’s favorite thing to do.
    Claire was short, too, but still stood a good two inches taller than Grace. Which was why she loved to point it out. Grace was generally a composed, laid back person, but it was all shed whenever Claire pointed out the two inch gap between the tops of their heads.
    “Yeah, but I’m still taller than you,” was how a good amount of their conversations ended. The next couple words that followed were most often an “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” as Grace sent her small fist sailing into Claire’s arm. “You still love me."
    Grace often let out a short grunt. “Yeah, yeah. Don’t push it.”

1