ollieollie

Um......hi

Over the past year, I defeated a fear of other people, learned the value of clarity and brevity, fought writer's block, and developed pride in my words.

Now I am a writer with a love for onomatopoeias and an affinity for semicolons.

I wrote these almost two years ago, at the end of my 8th grade year. I came across them recently, and wanted to make them better. However, because they are actually memories of mine, revising them was almost impossible. I know that the writing is very unpolished, and I would be grateful for any input you have to offer. Putting it plainly, I am asking for your help.
Thank you!

A Memory - 4 of 10

0
    Grace loved random information. She figured that as long as you learned something new about their world, no fact was useless. Everyone was sick of her random quips, until the tall, scrawny boy joined their group.
    Simon was a mystery. None of the girls knew him too well, so it was figured that the boys brought him in. All pretty much everyone knew about him was that he was a soccer fanatic and that he was ridiculously smart. Grace found her new fact person.
    “Hey Simon, did you know that banging your head against the wall burns a hundred calories an hour?”
    He nodded. “Did you know that a duck’s penis is shaped like a corkscrew?”
    Grace, Claire, and Ally all made a face. Vincent materialized into the conversation. “I KNOW THAT ONE!!!”
    The two boys spent the rest of the walk out of school telling everyone they could make eye contact with all about the wonders of duck sex.

• July 31, 2017 - 12:53am (Now Viewing)